Kemutai Hanashi - Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
OMG a super chapter update, i'm happy. thank you so much for translating!

Power Uploader
HOLY SHIT YES. I was not going to read three chapters and be done so I left it on my reading list hoping someone would pick it up again.

From the cover arts to the synopsis, I just know that I would like this manga. Can't wait to find a proper time to binge this.

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the translations
and massive update at that

so.. is this going to be confirmed BL from here on?

Dex-chan lover

I'll tell you what I've understood from reading the chapters so far, I think the characters themselves don't have a relationship sorted yet, it seems like they're still discovering what they are, but it's like the synopsis says, they're not friends, they're not lovers, they're two strangers living together, I saw that the raw so far is up to 30 chapters, we'll find out better in the next chapters. But I think it could become a BL in the future or not, but it's this vague thing, but I think it's about that, about finding out what they can mean to each other, I don't know, but I understood something like that.

Last edited:

Thanks for reading. Author has stated pretty explicitly on her twitter that she does not want this to be regarded as a BL. The doujin, which this manga is an expansion of, shows their relationship
developing as an explicitly non-sexual one. While concrete labels are not used (as is this one of the themes of this manga!), given their non-sexual and non-romantic relations, we the readers are left to connect the rest of the dots. :)

pio

Thanks for the translations! I really, really like the relationship developing in this one. There is nuance that lies somewhere between friend and lover, and media doesn't really cover what that looks like in real life often. I hope someone picks up the rest of the chapters. :)

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for reading. Author has stated pretty explicitly on her twitter that she does not want this to be regarded as a BL. The doujin, which this manga is an expansion of, shows their relationship
developing as an explicitly non-sexual one. While concrete labels are not used (as is this one of the themes of this manga!), given their non-sexual and non-romantic relations, we the readers are left to connect the rest of the dots. :)

Oh, based on the spoilers it sounds like
their relationship could be described as something like a QPR, which is pretty cool since I’ve never read a manga that’s explored non-conventional relationships like that! I wonder if the author is aware of the concept. Either way, I’m glad the author isn’t going to be putting any explicit labels for their relationship!

Thank you for the massive chapter drop! Hoping another group can pick this up, since I’m really interested in seeing where this manga goes!

Double-page supporter
Oh, based on the spoilers it sounds like
their relationship could be described as something like a QPR, which is pretty cool since I’ve never read a manga that’s explored non-conventional relationships like that! I wonder if the author is aware of the concept. Either way, I’m glad the author isn’t going to be putting any explicit labels for their relationship!

Thank you for the massive chapter drop! Hoping another group can pick this up, since I’m really interested in seeing where this manga goes!
Yes!!

I read into their behaviors heavily like a QPR/QPP, so I'm glad to hear someone else felt the same way. I think the two aren't quite 'queer', but their relationship is certainly special.

I admit, sometimes I feel like the characters' feelings are being stifled for the sake of the story, as though they don't have anything really holding them back from a realization, beyond the story just kinda saying "no, we haven't had enough drama".

I think this is very well-written, but the tension feels forced at times, and it's noticeable.

Dex-chan lover
we need more platonic bromances, maybe this will get a live action too , tho that'd prolly lead in more shippers lol (I think there was a live action between a man and a women where they were both 'asexual' tho apparently they did get married outta convenience or so)

The story literally addresses the discomfort of being quickly labeled in relation to societal judgment, so I hope some readers would refrain from asking if it will become a BL anytime soon
Anyways, thank you for your translation, i hope it get english license (i saw the french version and it's so pretty)

Users who are viewing this thread