Kemutai Hanashi - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
lol is real miso tedious enough to make if it's a 'daily' thing /miso soup being that common of a breakfast thing versus instant? i guess if ur in an apartment and hate cooking i can get it tho feels like unless it doesn't keep well, then having fridged miso paste shouldn't be too bad to have in ur kitchen/fridge like nay other condiment

i know there's not a romance tag but i wouldn't be surprised if they had some kinda 'queerplatonic' ace gay relationships? XD; tho idk if japan mangaka go into that much specifics considering ace males would prolly be a lot rarer than the average boy's love kinda story even for the ones more pg rated w/o bedroom scenes lol

Dex-chan lover
For “real” miso soup you need a bunch of ingredients like dashi (there’s instant or “real” here too), miso paste, and garnish (spring onion, tofu etc) so it’s a bit troublesome. Personally I use miso paste (not instant) that has dashi mixed in. Instant ones are all portioned out individually and has all you need! Some don’t even need refrigerating! But maybe doesn’t have the health benefits due to chemical substitutes/flavouring/preservatives? Not sure.

lol is real miso tedious enough to make if it's a 'daily' thing /miso soup being that common of a breakfast thing versus instant? i guess if ur in an apartment and hate cooking i can get it tho feels like unless it doesn't keep well, then having fridged miso paste shouldn't be too bad to have in ur kitchen/fridge like nay other condiment

i know there's not a romance tag but i wouldn't be surprised if they had some kinda 'queerplatonic' ace gay relationships? XD; tho idk if japan mangaka go into that much specifics considering ace males would prolly be a lot rarer than the average boy's love kinda story even for the ones more pg rated w/o bedroom scenes lol

I love that they’re rejecting labelling their relationship! Or rather, slowly deciding for themselves. Romantic or not, love shouldn’t be about ticking off a checklist or forcing yourselves into boxes.

Dex-chan lover
Man, this is so good. Thanks so much for translating it! Crazy to think it was translated from Japanese to Russian then from Russian to English and there are still no errors. Like crazy lol. Excellent work.

Currently eating eggs on toast and lamenting the fact that I have no idea how to make miso soup. :pepehmm: :coffee:

Dex-chan lover
It's really interesting to see them looking for a word to describe their relationship, it's great to see them questioning themselves. Anyway, your translation is perfect and thank you for your hard work!!

lfb

Huh. I never thought about making miso in a cup like that. Then again, I usually have someone else to drink it too.

I like the concept of the series but I do wonder if there will be more to the story.

Dex-chan lover
For “real” miso soup you need a bunch of ingredients like dashi (there’s instant or “real” here too), miso paste, and garnish (spring onion, tofu etc) so it’s a bit troublesome. Personally I use miso paste (not instant) that has dashi mixed in. Instant ones are all portioned out individually and has all you need! Some don’t even need refrigerating! But maybe doesn’t have the health benefits due to chemical substitutes/flavouring/preservatives? Not sure.

I love that they’re rejecting labelling their relationship! Or rather, slowly deciding for themselves. Romantic or not, love shouldn’t be about ticking off a checklist or forcing yourselves into boxes.
yeah i've seen/my bros even bought some instant miso stuff tho outside of miso ramen i don't think i've had just plain miso soup, i hear it is good but i wouldn't be surprised if you can just get a small bottled hot/ready to go portion during the days the same way some konbinis sell oden lol

yeah it shouldn't matter, i guess older /elderly adults just tend to be nosy about it XD Tho most JP charas wouldn't go outta their way to make things awkward like "Oh, actually my family was abusive so i decided to never have kids of my own/I'm actually unable to have kids despite years of trying" and stuff that i've seen some american redditors post about to shut down convos like that lol

Dex-chan lover
So, there is a hidden symbolic in the morning miso soup, you know, it's very common cliché for a man to propose asking '' would you make me miso soup every morning'' ( impliying living with him, cooking for him, taking care of him )

no idea if a woman can ask the same question tho

Users who are viewing this thread