Kengan Asura

@OgWrenc i wish netflix didnt go cgi, but the manga is rated 9.2/10 for a reason

umm,what are katahara and nogi talking about when they say the tournament is all for yamashita and nogi wants to fulfill hi ancestors dream?🤔

Aggregator gang
A 9/10 easily.

It's the kind of manga that goes from good to amazing. Everything gets better the more chapters are released.
The art starts off a bit rough, yet the last chapters are simply gorgeous.
The story's honestly always good although there are a few slow patches.

The strongest points would be the quality of the fights (choregraphy, art and feelings)which in my opinion are better than the ones in the sequel, and the characters which, again, are far more interesting than the ones in Omega.

It's just great, there's not much else to say.
For once, i'd say a manga got the rating it rightfully deserves.

edit: There's one complaint i've read in the comments and while I fully agree, i found it entertaining rather than annoying: in the early chapters, there's a lot of low-level philosophy more akin to intellectual masturbation than to actual thinking. While I do understand why some would find those bits tedious, i personally enjoyed them.

Double-page supporter
fyuh so much muscle, the artist took their human anatomy homework seriously

that aside, i cant continuously read this, need to catch some breath in between bc boy that was intense

@shanchuphet nah 2 diff but equally enjoyable manga. baki has the bullshit factor and is much more fun to mindlessly read, kengan i feel like has more of a plot and developed characters, I personally love both

One of the first manga I actually reread more than twice. It is easily my favourite martial art manga, and one of my favourite manga overall. The characters are all memorable, even those that lose early on, all specially designed with a wide range of martial arts, backstories, motivations, etc, and you may hate some, but if you hate them they must be memorable.

The story is rather simple on the surface, and that, in this scenario is a very good thing, because it lets you focus on what truly is the star of the show, the exhilarating fights. The fights are the best I've seen in manga, period. They are very technical, using martial art techniques true to the real world, and fantasy techniques that take a blend of real ideas, as well as a fantastic twist. 11/10 fights, every single one of them.

The art develops as the series develops, and it gets better and better, never declining over the many chapters of the manga, which is especially hard to keep up with the heavily technical nature of the fights involving BJJ/Grappling, which is a certain 10/10.

Overall, if this manga is very underrated/overlooked by many in the community, but it is an incredible journey with an average businessman, and a man in the Kengan matches called the Ashura.

10/10, Peak fiction, the absolute pinnacle of martial art manga.

Dex-chan lover
Dang, I wanted to start this series, but since there's no english chapters there goes that. I will not sink money into a series I have no knowledge of.

Dex-chan lover
I went ahead and said "screw it" and started reading this on Comickey! First three chapters are okay. I like how expressive the art feels, I understand why the show is 3D, at some points it's almost like it's a 3D image but, it isn't!
And I suppose it's better this way, since it limits you to a certain amount of chapters a day before you have to buy keys for more chapters. It's like a built in pacer to assure I don't binge it all away and feel sad inside once it's done.!

Users who are viewing this thread