Kenja no Mago - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
That bear was minding his own business, doing bear things in the bear forest, preventing forest fires, and some random kid comes along to chop off his head. Claiming the bear is some sort of monster. "Look out, it's coming right for us!"

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch Well, the bear may not have done anything wrong on screen as it were, but it is literally a monster by their definition after all. Offense is the best defense and all that.

BY THE POWER OF SCIENCE I will slice through everything!

Seriously though, what kind of 10 year old wields a magical lightsaber/infinitesimally small chainsaw sword .

This series is so excessive it's entertaining by its own right.

I would recognize Melinda's robes in literally anywhere, now I wonder if are red with black bow too like 2hu shinki's robes

Double-page supporter
Weird time skip, none of those characters were presented before especially the two other kids around his age. And I don't really get it how that conversation about the shop led to "lack of common sense"

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch They didn't explain it in the manga, but that wasn't a regular bear, it was demonified or something and would definitely go on a killing spree if possible.

@wolfeng Another thing that wasn't really explained, basically he was brought up as a human weapon with barely any comprehension of society or human contact. (Because from their perspective he's just a boy who's never left the woods they're in atm)

Dex-chan lover
I'd say this is one of those times where localization redraws should've been ditched in favor of keeping the Japanese on the items Shin enchanted. It sounded like the whole point was using less individual characters to say the same thing while inscribing magic. Compare "vibration," nine characters, to "振動" two characters. For all we know, the English equivalents are even worse off than this world's runes that Shin was replacing.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Definitely a mistake not to teach common sense. MC really needs to learn control better. Granted that spell would be good for a large and tough monster but how's he going to deliver proof for subjugation quests if there's nothing left of the monster? Or if he hunts the only thing left will be carbonized fragments. Interesting how his grandfather is named Merlin. Although curious if there's an activation requirement for the runes on his sword and boots as otherwise the sword will slice through the scabbard and anything else it touches while the boots would launch in the air just trying to walk normally otherwise.

The "not having common sense" scene is just weird, if he had all the memories from his previous life shouldn't he have also remembered that other goddamn jobs existed in Japan as well and just figure it out that there could be shops like that? It just kinda seems weird for me.

Double-page supporter
after reading the updated chapter and finding out he really is their grandson, why the fuck did they just lie to him after all these years..... i swear the author just made that up a few volumes in lol

I've probably read another "updated chapter" because I don't remember them mentioning he is their real grandson.

Dex-chan lover
Magic power aside, the fact that he doesn’t care about basic stuff like currency or occupation seems really stupid because he is a reincarnated person. I feel like the series would have just benefited more if they just had him be a genius rather than a reincarnated guy.

Users who are viewing this thread