Kenja no Mago - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
mofo got shocked because of a girl and here I thought the realisation had hit him of what he just done 😃

Banned
Whoa... Granny Melinda was a super hottie when younger. Nice.

And no, "irregardless" isn't a word because if it was a word, it would be a double-negative. i.e. Without being regardless... i.e. Not not having regard. i.e. Fucking stupid.
On the flipside, Merriam-Webster claimed that "literally" also means the opposite of itself and told people to deal with it... so they have absolutely zero credibility as a dictionary... The very fact that they'd say "use regardless instead" of a word which can only mean its complete opposite just proves that nothing there is worth the pixels it is written in.

Group Leader
Hmm I’ve always wondered about the rebirth isekais. Does the mind regress to the corresponding younger age or does it keep the previous life’s age in which case, shin’s a thing for a girl half his age

Fed-Kun's army
@Lexical Guess it regresses, at least in this case, firstly he seems to not really remember details, like his Name and stuff, which disconnects you from the memories in the first place and then he lived a full ~14 years, he experienced being a baby again, growing up and all, so, while he has more knowledge trough his rebirth, it should still be that he got younger in his mind (So, 30 +15 isnt 45 in this case, but mentally more like, maybe 18 or so? Doesnt act all adult after all either)

Group Leader
@Silwith now that I think about it there might be a scientific basis to this.
... in light of research showing our brains develop gradually over the course of several decades, and at different paces among individuals, should we start rethinking how we categorize children and adults?

"There isn't a childhood and then an adulthood," Peter Jones, who works as part of the epiCentre group at Cambridge University, told the BBC. "People are on a pathway, they're on a trajectory."

One key part of that trajectory is the development of the prefrontal cortex, a significant part of the brain, in terms of social interactions, that affects how we regulate emotions, control impulsive behavior, assess risk and make long-term plans. Also important are the brain's reward systems, which are especially excitable during adolescence. But these parts of the brain don't stop growing at age 18. In fact, research shows that it can take more than 25 years for them to reach maturity.

The cerebellum also affects our cognitive maturity. But unlike the prefrontal cortex, the development of the cerebellum appears to depend largely on environment, as Dr. Jay Giedd, chair of child psychiatry at Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego, told PBS:...

So both his mind’s physical age and the nurture he received would lead to his new behavior and habits.

Double-page supporter
grandpa and grandma are married? woah i'm shocked i never would've guessed

Double-page supporter
Ah there it is. When he sees girls it shows his soul's true age lolol. Anyway I wonder when he'd tell them about his past life. It'd explain a lot of things. Regardless, they still love him the same.

Users who are viewing this thread