Kenja no Mago - Vol. 13 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
Wouldn't the jet boots make the girl's feet go up away from the sword, instead of down? Unless the boots can go in any direction. But the drawing looked like the thrust was coming out from the bottom of the boots.

somehow i root for the demons instead these ultimate magicians.

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch
The boots go up by applying force on whatever is below, thus gaining upward force as per Newton's third law. So, it should be boot goes up, sword goes down. Don't know wtf the artist was thinking, illustrating it like they did.

Aggregator gang
Why does he look so terrified? He's the guy who named his volleyball spike "Thunder God Attack", so they're just using the name he already gave himself =P

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone what i mean is the thrust pushes the device that is creating thrust. so the "jet" boot's magic should be pushing up on the boots. if it's a magic that moves air, the reaction mass is the air, and the reaction force is the acceleration of the air moving downwards. then the air hits the rhino and sword, and only a portion of the air will hit the sword, since the sword's shaft does not cover the entire surface area of the bottom of the boot. but then the amount of force on the portion of air hitting the sword will also be reduced, because the moving air is not solid and can be deflected to the sides. like if you were standing underneath the downwash of a helicopter that was just above you, the amount of force of portion of moving air pushing you downwards is going to be relatively small compared to the force the rotors are doing to the helicopter.

Dex-chan lover
@captain_crunch
I figured they just work on pure 'force', not using air specifically as a medium. They still work while flat on the ground, unless I'm mistaken, with no air to exert force on below them. If that is the case, the sword will receive the same thrust as the air around it. Regardless of how it is, air or just force, the boot should be going away from the sword, not following it down.

Dex-chan lover
You could hear ACDC playing lowly in the background as they were coming up with that name.

Users who are viewing this thread