Kenja no Mago - Vol. 5 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
SO sweet. I never witnessed it so fast and nice in a manga /anime. Props to the author.

Holy shit, did the main romance actually progress? I don't know why I get my kicks off of reading the same story (a.k.a. isekais) over and over, but I'm glad I picked one up where shit actually happens

Dex-chan lover
A pretty wholesome and traditional way to go about the relationship. Shame this sort of thing is so rare (or nonexistent). The world does things out of order.

Dex-chan lover
D-don't worry, Rin-chan. A flat chest is a status symbol, and besides, if you have magic, you don't need another love!

Dex-chan lover
@okayokayokay I think the reason I've read so many isekai is to find ones that do stand out in some way or another from the enormous amount of competition they have. Here, the thing with the romance actually advancing in less than dozens or even hundreds of chapters is standing out even for manga in general though, isn't it? They really love to drag that sort of thing out as long as possible. The "will they, won't they?" thing certainly has its place but it seems to become the metaphorical dead horse they're beating way too often in manga and anime.

Double-page supporter
On one hand I like the fact that the romance actually become real instead of that "I like you but will never tell" that drags stories for hundreds of chapters, but Cecily never made anything to make her stand out as a character, the other girls showed a bit of their progress and aspirations but Cecily so far has done nothing but stand behind him and watch.

She offered nothing to the story so far and I find that extremely disappointing.

In any other manga, I would smell a death flag, but this story made it clear that it is 100% wish-fullfillment and the author won´t allow anything bad to happen to the main character.

Cecily is so dull, and really rather useless. And Shin is just so shallow with his relationship to her, IDK. I want to like this but I'm struggling. I'll give a few more chapters to see if you it gets interesting, and if Shin ever actually uses his brain.

Ya'll are so hard to please smh. I'll take this over spending 50 plus chapter because someone is too dense/embarrassed/doesn't understand their feelings/doesn't want to hurt their best friend who also like the person/etc. Just roll with it and for those of you craving some traumatic drama, the authors already show they're fine with high level gore (that girl that got ripped in half a few chapters back had her intestines and shit spilling out on the ground), who knows? Maybe the author will start killing off characters Akame Ga Kill style (remember what happened to that romance?)

Either way, chill. It's fine to have manga like this every now and then.

Group Leader
Going too fAsT for a manga of this type. But hey, I agree with the Kracez, I'd take ths over a manga that took 600+ chapters to finally and still not have the OTP couple (nAlU).

Double-page supporter
Realized it's still ch 16.... What a long ass story. Tbh I'm getting bored.

Dex-chan lover
wow the amount of beta comments is insane after the anime came out.

If you where hoping for a beta male isekai MC that has a billion waifus throwing themselves at him for dick, while running away from free pussy like being allergic to it then I gotta tell you.

you are in the wrong manga.

This is about a strong alpha male MC getting pussy

Dex-chan lover
Now, this is fantasy in fantasy world.

Who would have thought that romance actually move in manga? and it's not end right after it too.

Users who are viewing this thread