KFC's Own Dating Sim Game

On September 24th, a dating sim game by Psyop featuring the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC), Colonel Harland David Sanders, will be release on steam. The dating sim would be titled I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin' Good Dating Simulator, and players will take control of a culinary student who's working to achieve their cooking dreams while also aiming to date the colonel himself who happens to be a classmate. The game is a legitimate KFC product and apparently it's being done to make the chain fast food restaurant more "sexier" (and apparently this is not the first time KFC attempted this). You can learn more about this game here: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...eal-snack-in-finger-lickin-dating-sim/.150944 as well as watch the trailer either on twitter post: https://twitter.com/pkjd8I8/status/1171421421764874241 or the steam page (along with some clips from the dating simulator): https://store.steampowered.com/app/...anders_A_Finger_Lickin_Good_Dating_Simulator/

Earlier while watching a stream on twitch someone in chat brought this game up, and at the time I have not heard of it but did not feel surprise of the idea a KFC dating sim game existed. Last month I witness a WWE dating sim game on a charity stream so i thought this was next. Then later on as I was checking ANN and saw this game feature on the website which made me realize more that this is a real thing. I watch the trailer and it's presentation feels like it's touching on the typical stereotypes of dating sim games. In which case it felt weird. Also product placement of seeing Colonel Sanders preparing KFC food and making the dishes look presentable then they actually are, but it kind of make me want to get some food there, but that is most likely due to being hungry during the time I was watching it after studying and interacting with twitch chat and discord. Another thing if I was going to give this a try I would much rather have the option of dating the"best friend" since I think she is the most attractive out of the nine cast.

So is anyone planning to give this dating simulator a try or just pass it?

Dex-chan lover
Where do you keep getting your info. Also how much time do you spend looking for the latest piece of news and posting them?

Also this game makes me uncomfortable

Dex-chan lover
KFC is already delicious enough, dang it, you don't need to animefy yourself to make your food even more delicious!

As long as it's not the Extra-Crispy Colonel, it might...

Maybe if they use Colonel Reba...

Nope. All roads lead to horror.

Colonel Sanders: REMEMBER BOYS AND GIRLS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Colonel

Colonel Sanders: You don't like me, I'll CURSE YOU!!!

Dex-chan lover
@crazybars Ah yeah I heard about that. Here's a 7 min video about it if you don't feel like reading.

Also, remember that horse dating simulator?
images

Or that bird dating simulator?
images

Or that poop dating simulator?
poo01.jpg

@Teddy

Where do you keep getting your info. Also how much time do you spend looking for the latest piece of news and posting them?

For your first question whatever is generally on twitter or youtube that I follow. For your second question not that long. If I discover something that's important or something that is interesting or bazaar enough that is worth a discussion then it's worth sharing just like it is with the case of this up coming game. Speaking of which:

this game makes me uncomfortable

I was a bit uncomfortable as well when I watch the trailer of this upcoming game, but overtime I warm up to it and now I am quite looking forward to seeing how stupid this dating simulator is going to be.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@ejala

As long as it's not the Extra-Crispy Colonel, it might... Maybe if they use Colonel Reba... Nope. All roads lead to horror.

I do not know these versions of Colonel Sanders, but yes it's likely this dating sim is going to leave to some kind of horror.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN

KFC is already delicious enough, dang it, you don't need to animefy yourself to make your food even more delicious!

Ha! Ha! Ha! 😂

Or that bird dating simulator?
Or that poop dating simulator?

There is a poop dating simulator. . ., and they are portrayed as handsome/beautiful men. . .? O_O This idea is perhaps the most bizaar out of the bazaar simulator. Also, I do remember the bird simulator. Speaking of which I wonder if this KFC game is going, let just say, change it's tone (for a lack of a better word) much like with the former game with the true ending. I kind of feel it might be the case, but I do not now. I hope it does.

@May_Lily
Clearly you've been spared some of the KFC campaigns we've had in my neck of the woods (Ohio). Extra-Crispy Colonel is basically a over-tanned creeper. And for a brief time, they did a few genderbender commercials with country music superstar Reba McEntire as the Colonel. I think we also once got a Mecha-Colonel in the space-themed ad, and maybe a Goldfinger body paint job once too.
Aside from Reba--and she's only barely okay-- KFC commercials are full of cringe.

@May_Lily
I think it may be fried chicken in general. We get a lot of Popeye's commercials, but that spokesperson doesn't change. I think Raising Canes is an Ohio franchise, but when one opened up locally, the police had to step in and direct traffic for the first week since the drive-thru was between stoplights on a main shopping thoroughfare and most people are apparently too stupid to use access roads. And they literally only five items on their overpriced menu: chicken fingers, fries, garlic bread, coleslaw and one type of sauce. Won a free meal: bland chicken, sauce too vinegary, limp fries, and I hate coleslaw. Bread was pretty good.
When I'm in the state capital, I occasionally drive past a local Greek fried chicken restaurant; their sign proclaims that if Sanders had had their recipe, he would have been a general.

So fried chicken is really popular in your home state. Also that restaurant only had five items available in their menu!? That is terrible from a business stand point.

Users who are viewing this thread