Kikori no Isekai Tan - Ch. 5

Double-page supporter
You know the MC remind me of Bell Cranel from Danmachi with the way how he fights strong monsters, pushed to the brink, only to survive threw pure determination and willpower. Running into the Orc reminded me of when Bell ran into the Minotaur

Dex-chan lover
The MC just got whacked on the face, got sent flying and the impact damaged a tree, but his head was fine.
He doesn’t need helmet indeed, plot armor is the best head armor. :ROFLMAO:

——

I hope if he got new weapon, it would still be an axe. We don’t see many protagonists with shorter axes these days. Also it’s related to the name he chose.

Dex-chan lover
You know the MC remind me of Bell Cranel from Danmachi with the way how he fights strong monsters, pushed to the brink, only to survive threw pure determination and willpower. Running into the Orc reminded me of when Bell ran into the Minotaur
There are similarities, but mostly appearances and and maybe inspiration. But that's where the comparison ends. This author/mangaka are way too liberal with the plot arnor. Their OC is surviving attacks that they keep insisting would straight up kill more experienced individuals with better gear.

Cranel did fight against all odds and came out on top most of the time. We were shown how hard he trained and the lengthshe would goto to get better. This kid just gets wacked around like a piñata then one shots the monster that hit him.

Dex-chan lover
Strangely force? TL is a bit odd.

But man they sure explain why you need a helmet quick.

Dex-chan lover
blunt weapon in story mean you can still somehow survive because dumb plot wants it, had the orc use his bladed weapon instead of the shoulder tackle aint no way mc plot armor can make it out

mc fights a new enemy, is always weaker than the opponent, but suddenly awakens a new will to live and kills the stronger. I guess this style keeps going until the end.

Supporter
Thanks for the translation.
Indeed the fight is not exactly well delivered. Why the orc seems suddenly paralyzed does not really make sense.

Dex-chan lover
"If i get hit once I'm minced meat"
Gets hit in the head, survives, is actually in better state than he was after that goblin ambush.

He has a plot helmet, no wonder they won't sell them to him.

Dex-chan lover
I just realized this is from the same author as How a Single Gold Coin Can Change an Adventurer's Life which I also read before. Almost the same start where MC is a budding adventurer who slowly upgrades their equipment, except MC doesn't have previous life's memories. It's also a nice read, but hasn't been translated in 2 years.
Mostly because it ended up getting an official translation at some point.

Some of the aggregator sites have chapters up to 30, which is also where MangaUp cuts off, but the last upload is 2023. Mangaupdates says the series is complete at 7 volumes / 35 chapters so I guess we'll be left hanging.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the Orc fight is a hot mess from how MC takes blows that should kill, hit hard enough to shatter a tree and survive, to his cutting of an arm behind him and then running up the orc to dive in for the killing blow to the head.

Dex-chan lover
Okay in the fight while it doesnt make sense that mc didn't die - it makes sense how the Orc got one-shot: It is unSLASHable ie swords (the main weapon of an adventurer) will be useless. However, weapons such as axes, hammers, and greatswords which are used to deliver blunt force would work such as how mc brought an axe down on its skull with a shit load of force.

However, the axe should have broken on a skull idk and how it went clean through a shoulder blade idk either The only thing that makes sense in the fight is that orc couldn't take an axe to the head, which is fair. Only explanation - axe is from priest so priest blessed it or some shit so holy axe that gives def up and atk up

TLDR - HOLY AXE

Users who are viewing this thread