Kill the Hero

Group Leader
season 1 has ended with 53 chapters, the rest is in reapersxans web.. it’ll be back after 3 months

Dex-chan lover
MC is just another edgelord. It got boring after he became a lapdog for that bald dude.

I thought this was an alright if generic premise but it’s turned into one of those ones where I can’t remember what the heck is going on in the plot between releases. Might be better as a binge?

It is honestly not as average as people think it is. I think the rating of about 8.3 is definitely appropriate, at least what is here so far. The ending of the novel is more confusing than what's going on in the first season imo, so I hope that the artist takes the time to make it clearer in the manhwa...

As similar as this is to... God knows HOW Many others like it out of SKorea, this story has a better premise, and holds more water under it. From what it currently is up to, I'm impressed with it. It's NOT about becoming a "god" or "demi-god", it's all about the MC's consciousness going back in time to when he Awakens, but with the knowledge of what he knew would happen, and how to circumvent particular events and tragedies, and undermining the, literal, backstabbing bastards of his would-have-been guild leaders.
He's not TRYING to become a god, demi-god, or what-have-you, he's JUST there to stop and kill the "hero". Unlike many Japanese and SKorean stories, he's not there to do anything more. He JUST wants to save the world, and stop the hero.
As for the translators, I think they've done a TREMENDOUS job of translating everything into English! And keeping the high quality of the original too! There is only maybe, at most, 5% errors, where sentences don't make sense, or they came out jumbled. Otherwise? Personally I give their awesome job a 97%, and I should really look into actually tipping them...

When you finish solo leveling you read this because you want more
Eh... Solo Leveling, it's all about DBZing the story, which gets VERY boring after so long... Honestly, DBZ, Naruto, and Bleach all should have gone to the afterlife some years ago, but they have such a strong reader and viewerbase that you literally CAN'T kill them. While at least Solo Leveling came to an end... and it can be said that this is a great successor, with a better story and use of skills, without becoming TOO overpowered and god-tier nonsense.

So... They finally got to the End... Instead of going beyond the objective of the title, KILL THE HERO ends at just the right time. Open-ended, because the MCs have all gotten to where they want/need to be. And while there's a TON more world-building and a whole set of the story, and room enough for an off-shoot where they TRULY end the story of The Game, and the amount of drama as was built-up over the last few years of the story... I really like how it didn't become a massive clusterfuck of "I am a god now. Bow before me and everything as I defend/destroy the world and fight gods!" The MC had ONE goal after regressing, and he GOT THERE, and now just wants to FINISH things and save the world in the end.
Thank you REAPER SCANS for keeping up with the english translation, and seeing this through to the end. You guys are badasses.

Users who are viewing this thread