Kimi ga Kirai na Koi no Hanashi

Double-page supporter
Classic trope, but I like the execution so far. With her character design I didn't think she'd be so mellow though.

Dex-chan lover
In shoujo. this art really standing out. but the male character can't be more generic. what a waste

Fed-Kun's army
The comment section blast off again?
I think there were a lot more comments than this before.

Aggregator gang
Yeah, the comments got blown off. The gist of it was "it's generic, but the leads are good". 'nuff to say, so far, so good. Give it a try.

Dex-chan lover
Art looks good, but the story is the typical generic good-girl bad-boy shit. Nothing new under the sun.

I dunno why but manga that overuse the word handsome are kind of irritating. The speech pattern is also really weird.

Double-page supporter
This is basically a classic pushy male lead + innocent honor student female lead premise, with the associated problems therein. However, this one does indeed have an unusually mellow feel to it.

It helps that the heroine appears to be enjoying herself very much. Being an otherwise overly self-sacrificing hard worker, she seems to be having fun with her new, exciting, rosy school life. The very pretty art includes a variety of rather quite lovely expressions from her -- she maybe a serious class rep type, but her coy smile (see: chapter 1) and the fall-in-love-with-me expressions (every chapter since) are seriously dangerous. :/

The male lead is also slightly, just slightly, unusual. On one hand he appears to be your standard handsome-but-handsy shoujo manga bad boy (sigh). On the other hand he appears at times almost lacking in confidence, mystified that she keeps coming back despite his repeated efforts to push her away. Of course, to the heroine -- and the reader -- his tsundere antagonism barely hides a series of actions that include: diffusing delicate moments with classmates by putting negative attention onto himself, teaching her how to relax and chill, protecting her from unsavory people, leading her around an adventurous, fun day out, and generally being her very own special prince...

Dex-chan lover
Translation needs some quality control. Some pages take a couple reads to understand what the heck they just said.

Aggregator gang
The male lead is a total jerk, but an INTERESTING one. Hm.... for some reason he says things the worse way possible, like he WANTS to be hated. Even when he's actually helping someone out, he castes himself as a villain. He's probably got some (shoujo typical) trauma as to why.

The female lead is a push over, but an INTERESTING one. Usually people who do what everyone asks of them have very wishy washy personalities. This girl is the type of person who, once she's committed to an idea, doesn't let go.

Thinking about it, their romance is an inversion of their social life. The guy is hateful, but a push over in love. The girl is kind, but aggressive in love. He's totally getting steam rolled by this girl, despite his best efforts. It's fun to watch, and it's why I like this series. I don't know if the author meant it to be funny, but I'm finding it hilarious.

Fed-Kun's army
d8ZjqEP.jpg

Others seem to be complaining for some reason, but I found this a great short read. It didn't feel rushed, it didn't have too much drama and was cute and funny.
While it appears to be very generic at first glance, I felt like there were parts which set it apart.

Users who are viewing this thread