Kimi ga Shinu Made Ato 100 Nichi - Ch. 32 - For Umi's Sake Too

Dex-chan lover
JUST REALIZED SHE NEVER SMILED OR ANYTHING WHEN HE SAID HE'D CONTINUE LIKING HER AND HOLDING HER HAND WHEN SHE'S SCARED

BRUH

THOSE WEREN'T TEARS OF JOY OR RELIEF. THOSE WERE TEARS OF PAIN.

Double-page supporter
I guess it just goes to show, no matter how cheery someone is on the outside... their thoughts are another story.

brb screaming

Dex-chan lover
I wish these chapters had volume numbers so I could tell if we're catching up to current or not anytime soon.

Double-page supporter
@Marchimarch I'm thinking it's more along the lines of Tarou just showed her exactly how much of a burden she's putting on him (from her perspective), and she's now that much closer to resolving to remove it. By applying an entirely different and worse burden, of course, but the dead don't care any more.

Contributor
keep-calm-and-what-the-fuck-oh-my-god-holy-shit.png

Yeah I felt like his speech wasn't the right thing to say.
She hates herself and he told her she didn't need to change and it was fine to stay the way she is.
Probably would've been better off encouraging her to be honest or explaining that she's not a burden and he needs her too.

OHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT

bad vibes bad vibes I do not accept I didn't ask for this please I'd like to return the bad vibes

Long rant because I have personal experience with this and it hit pretty close to home, tl;dr at bottom

When it comes to people suffering from self hatred and depression, the relationship must be different. It’s like a struggle against an addiction, you must fight it every day and constantly battle against it.

It’s not enough to simply “accept” it. Accepting someone is an addict doesn’t solve the problem of them being addicted. It requires you being a support, not a crutch. It’s the same with depression or mental illness in general. You must help your friend get through that dark tunnel, not sit down with them and say it’s okay to be in a dark tunnel.

Love is a verb, not a noun. To love is to constantly care, to get through the bad, to choose to stay with someone for the rest of their life despite their flaws. Simple acceptance without introspection is at best infatuation and at worst indifference. I hope Tarou can figure out Umi’s troubles don’t stem from his approval, but from her own insecurities and a way to fix them.

tl;dr Tarou is 16 and way too young to get it, so F for Umi I guess

Users who are viewing this thread