Kimi ga Shinu Natsu ni - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Summer Break and Sasakura's Preference

The mangaka really likes word play which helps keep the mystery element. It's a shame that it gets lost in translation 😞 thank you for the hard work!!

Nice! Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update.

Dex-chan lover
@solaarii I agree.
Japanese word play can be a good element for mysteries like this. But during translation, it needs to be specified that what exactly the word means.

And for readers that just to experience the story, this word play can be a little confusing sometimes. A little knowledge about Japanese literature is required for the readers.
This also puts the skill of the translator to a test too. If they could actually understand this word play and explain it in English.
That's why some translators put an extra page to explain things a little better for readers that are really into the story.

TL;DR: Yeah, it's a shame to see that the word play gets lost during a translation.

Dear Translators, when inserting your valuable opinions or hilarious commentary, please mark it appropriately, so that the readers can safely skip it. Thank you in advance.

I am thankful for the translation, but I have noticed that there are more and more little notes with complaints in every chapter, which sometimes is funny, but others it takes away from the fun of reading. Maybe tone it down a little bit?

idk if someone mentioned it in the comments of a previous ch, but doesn't the time skip mean that Tanigawa still has that stalker dude from the restaurant bothering her? At this point it's pretty obvious that he's not the killer, but he still has some blackmail over Tanigawa, so it's kinda weird that there wasn't at least a panel where Yamano goes to the house again and swipes the diary and files. The hard part would probably be explaining to Tanigawa anyways since in this timeline he shouldn't have any knowledge of the guy.
It's a pretty inconsequential arc to the overall story, but it does have me a little worried that with all of these different plot points and suspects that the author might begin to lose track of more important stuff to the overall plot.

Users who are viewing this thread