Kimi no Fude wo Oritai - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - On the platform

Hmmm, this is only an hypothesis :
but having read too many returners story, maybe she's coming from the futur to prevent him from becoming depressed and suicidal after failing to become a legit artist
This is one of the reasons she could have to gaslight him like that.

Dex-chan lover
but having read too many returners story, maybe she's coming from the futur to prevent him from becoming depressed and suicidal after failing to become a legit artist
sadly, it is not that grandiose
maybe if this manga had more than 12 chapters, we could have a plotline like that

Dex-chan lover
Really going to be no way the author can justify her gaslighting bullshit but let's see what nonsense they'll try to cook up
I used to think that she is just some horrible envious bitch, who rather brings ppl down to her level than let them rise above herself.
But this chapter (where she blushes and is happy whenever she sees him, and actually seems infatuated for real) makes me think the justification will be that she was a menhera yandere jealous bitch instead, who didn't like seeing the person she liked appreciated by others than herself. Some kind of gatekeeping exclusivity club with a membership of 1.
That would be interesting, but I doubt it, you don't need to be a gaslighting two-faced bitch to prevent such a path. And his current path which she encourages is still "try to become legit artist", so I think that would be "[...suicidal after] becoming a successful artist" (though I doubt that too, for same reason).

Last edited:
Let the author cook for now I guess. It's clear enough that to be a proper meaningful story, something must eventually happen that will make Koharu at least deeply regret her actions.

Dex-chan lover
Imma go with some sort of broken idea of "artistic purity" or somesuch. Like she sees him as someone whose integrity would be undercut by selling out.

...but yeah I have no idea what sort of rationale could actually justify the gaslighting and outright fabrication here.

Dex-chan lover
I give this 3 more chapters. Meaning I'm putting this on hold and come back then to check. If she doesn't get her comeuppance by that time, I'm dropping this. I can only take so much bullshitting...

Edit; As it's listed as completed, does anyone have spoilers? If I should drop it, I rather drop it now than having it linger in the waiting room...

Users who are viewing this thread