Kimi no Iru Machi

Dex-chan lover
Wow, a lot to unpack on this one... so, if you like angsty melodrama, you'll be covered - it's a good series overall, but the one downside is that this series seemed to have run on for way too long. Usually it's the opposite, but this series spans like almost a decade of the character's lives. Honestly it could have ended sooner a couple of times and it would have been just as fine. A lot of the drama however is mostly self-induced, the characters could avoid it if they wanted to, but then I guess there wouldn't be much of a story. Some the arcs had real twists that were actually unexpected, a far cry from the kind of "what-a-twist" type of plot developments that are predictable or forced. Some genuine emotional moments, some fan service (though it's not egregious), and a long story - 8/10.

Re-read this three times it's among the best manga I've read. A roller coaster of emotions for sure, and definitely a worth-while read. 10/10

Idk, I've been complete reading this since the end of the story release (2014) and come here again to say, I never found any further great story like this. I mean, did you guys know a story which has kinda likely to this one? Please you're helped much if you know and mentioned it here

I mean, okay much from you guys know that the story was great at beginning into cicra 170th (in my opinion) but get weaker (or could i say sucks) to the end. But, come-on, which one a story outside there where the people in the story grew up in years, bringing countryside and cityscape altogether (which I like it very much), the relationship around them, with 200+ chapters? I only know DomeKana, but it still can't fulfill my desire.

Rollercoaster
Damn I really love this one
Spicy drama, sufficient fanservice and it become somehow wholesome cute couple story at middle to the end, nice execution with happy ending

Ohh man, this is the best of Seo Kouji's works

Don't get put off by the 7.5 rating, this manga is genuinely one of the most wholesome and heartwarming stories I've read so far. The anime is great but the manga... it's a whole other level. Lots of character developement, romance, and if you don't like drama, the drama does end at one point. MC makes mistakes like the rest of us, and the cast is just top-notch. One of my only 10/10s.

This is an infuriatingly stupid manga at times and made me want to punch almost every character in the face at some point.
I almost dropped it a couple of times, but after 150 chapters or so it becomes pretty OK. I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories but this is still only a 6 in my book.

The first time I read this manga was in middle school and I dropped it because i haven't understood love yet.
10 years later, I find this manga again.
Now I know how the character in this manga feel and I can say that this is one of the best romance manga ever.
Good story telling, incredible art, and great character development (even the side char got their own).
Imo, could be better as a seinen than shounen.
Solid 9/10 for romance manga

I'm not the type to have strong emotional reactions to media. Don't get me wrong - I like things, I dislike things, I laugh or get frustrated at various things. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a character experience love, loss, victory, or defeat without really connecting on that visceral level. I have come close on a handful of occasions but never been pushed over the edge.

Until I got to the end of this manga. There were ups and downs along the way, some more compelling than others (and some, frankly, that felt forced). But in the end, there was something that resonated with me so strongly and personally that I openly wept. I had to walk away and take some time to compose myself, and even coming back I lost it again for a minute re-reading the page that set me off.

Clearly I'm late to the party since the last chapter was posted, like, 3 years ago, but whatever. I felt so moved that I just had to say something, and I don't know a lot of people IRL who I can talk to about the way this made me feel. Reading some of the other comments here, I'm not entirely surprised that the series has drawn some heavy criticism. But in its defense, I would say that as often as the main character is irrational and either thoughtless or over-thinking everything, I thought it was a pretty honest presentation of my own experience as a young person learning about love and relationships. Some of the truly neurotic bullshit that the MC says or does could have been taken from my own life story. None of it seemed particularly unbelievable (except
for how casually many of the women try to tempt the MC with straight up sexually-harassing advances like flashing their privates, kissing him without invitation, or straight up groping.)

For anyone curious, the (massive) spoiler-inclusive moment that I reacted to so strongly is
at the wedding in the final chapter, when Yuzuki's father is reflecting on how much his daughter has grown and what her mom is missing that hit me hard. My wife's father was very recently killed in a horrible accident, and the only time I had the chance to meet him face-to-face had been our wedding. Thinking about how he may have felt about her wedding, and about how my wife's mom will be when my wife's little brother gets married - oh jeez I'm making myself cry again just thinking about it. I don't know why, exactly, but I just felt like the author really captured that moment in a powerful way.

Easily best coming of age romance manga out there, yea there a lot of problems like drama out of nowhere, cliche moments and a bit rushed final but still it has amazing characters/plot/relationship progression compared to other romance titles

This is a rare manga where the MC is trash, the female MC is trash, female MC's little sister is trash, and side characters and non main heroine are just better.

Users who are viewing this thread