Kimi no Kokoro wo Kanjitai - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Kanji is so deep…

Group Leader
Howdy Kiwi, y'all here!

Pain. Suffering. Those are all I know. Sorry about the two month gap, part of it was that last page 16 redraw, and the rest was just awkward timing. Next chapter should drop in the next month or so, and I'm going to get a start on chapter 7. I love this series though so I hope it'll be sooner rather than later, I'm not trying to finish this series after I graduate college lmao.

Dex-chan lover
Howdy Kiwi, y'all here!

Pain. Suffering. Those are all I know. Sorry about the two month gap, part of it was that last page 16 redraw, and the rest was just awkward timing. Next chapter should drop in the next month or so, and I'm going to get a start on chapter 7. I love this series though so I hope it'll be sooner rather than later, I'm not trying to finish this series after I graduate college lmao.
You guys are heroes for pulling off those redraws, thanks for your work!

Group Leader
You guys are heroes for pulling off those redraws, thanks for your work!
Love this one! Always a pleasure to see updates. Huge kudos to the redrawers:chad: of the translation teams out there!
I think this page took 2-3 hours over a few days (to be fair part of that is because my PC shut down before I could save)

Certainly not my best work, specifically in the vertical lines, they look weird, but overall I’m pretty happy with it

Dex-chan lover
kanji.jpg

Supporter
Isn't Kanken level 1 infamously difficult? I kinda doubt a high schooler would be able to manage that if they didn't study Kanji to the point of obsession, for years, probably even neglecting schoolwork.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't Kanken level 1 infamously difficult? I kinda doubt a high schooler would be able to manage that if they didn't study Kanji to the point of obsession, for years, probably even neglecting schoolwork.

Yes and no. The thing is, Kanken 1 is extremely difficult because it requires a deep immersion in Japanese culture and literature. There are also parts that are a bit unfair, such as the use of specific Buddhist jargon and unique kanji that only occur in a very small number of literary works and may have a lost original meaning. However, someone steeped in Japanese culture who is well-read in Japanese traditional literature and raised in a devout Buddhist family will strangely find the Kanken 1 level easier than Kanken 5,which includes a lot of modern technical terms. This chapter is basically setting up Hanai as a true Yamato Nadeshiko.

Dex-chan lover
Howdy Kiwi, y'all here!

I would personally prefer that you leave those large as my mom SFXes as they are, simple note on the margins would suffice for us, and be time-saving for you.

Well, thank you for your work anyway. I love this manga too.

Double-page supporter
Mf can literally read a girl’s emotions from her face and still get into misunderstandings lmao

Group Leader
I think the joke at the end is 引く (hiku) colloquially means "to be creeped out" and that's how he reads it, but it also appears in expressions like 辞書を引く (jisho wo hiku) which means "look up in a dictionary" and that's exactly what we see her do.

Users who are viewing this thread