Kimi no Risou no Maid ni Naru - Ch. 1

Alright so the manga itself so far is pretty mundane and generic. The comment section however, fucking sent me LOL.

Double-page supporter
Chapter 2 : Making babies
Chapter 3 : Epilogue
That's it folks, we are done.

Wow, the beginning of this series is incredible unrealistic. How could someone lend 1 billion that easily.

Double-page supporter
This boy paid 1,000,000,000.00 Japanese Yen equals 6,418,000.00 United States Dollars and he says that ir is nothing. I call mega ultra BS on this

Dex-chan lover
This boy paid 1,000,000,000.00 Japanese Yen equals 6,418,000.00 United States Dollars and he says that ir is nothing. I call mega ultra BS on this
If you read the manga, you'll see maid-san does ask him if he said that not to embarrass her and he does think she's sharp for noticing.

Dex-chan lover
This just feels, soulless to me.

The plot is just generic, but the art, the art gives me the impression that whoever drew this, did so while on meds, only half conscious and not giving a single fuck.

Either that or it was an AI.

Dex-chan lover
Damnit, I can smell losing childhood friend trope from a light-year away

Dex-chan lover
Big boobs and decent art. Most people trashing this will actualy be reading the next 100 chapter, like for every single ultra generic RomCom.
so you're saying there's a new reader reading this series, for almost a month... impressive.

Contributor
I'd have been fine even if Maya wasn't "the most beautiful girl in his class" but I guess we always have to have the "the most beautiful/the strongest" etc. extremes for the wish fulfillment crowd.

The surprise for me is that despite completely looking the part, Renya is in fact not the typical generic potato male lead for easy self-insert purposes - he's still nice, but he's also the insanely rich heir to a corporate fortune who didn't even bat an eye to spending 1B to save a classmate. I'd like to see any repercussions or even questions about that - would his parents know and ask why 1B yen suddenly left the family fortune? Even if it's a drop to them, it's objectively not an insignificant amount. Even if the government doesn't, banks will surely take notice of 1B suddenly changing hands.

About Renya, he doesn't seem to have the usual crippling self-esteem issues and stood up to suit-wearing thugs pretty confidently, seems like a fairly good start. I hope he doesn't become the usual "I can't handle any girls" type of male lead. Would be great if he wasn't, but we'll see. I also wonder why, if he's really that crazy rich, why didn't he just sic bodyguards on those dudes? Kinda curious that he, the heir to a top conglomerate with money, power and influence to throw around, doesn't seem to have any guards or drivers around.

So instead of the common loser x school madonna formula where the "benefits" are often heavily stacked to one side in favor of the guy, it's just a little more balanced this time for this romcom with a rescue romance flavor to it. The equation is now a little less one sided with her getting rescued, her gigantic family debt paid, getting a new place to live and even a part-time job, in exchange for being the most beautiful girl in class who's a typical nice girl and a loyal servant.

I mean, the setup sure seems flimsy and contrived, but I'm seeing a bit of charm to the execution even if it's seemingly tropey as hell, and that we're very likely going to see a love triangle setup with the childhood friend (please, don't). This can work for me if the characters can grow to be endearing and not insufferable or boring.

what a groundbreaking innovative tropes used in the first chapter :meguupog:

daring-today-are-we-spongebob.png

Users who are viewing this thread