Kimi no Tame ni Sekai wa Aru - Vol. 1 Ch. 6.5 - Jewel of You Extra

Dex-chan lover
This confirms no happy ending for the last story. Guess author just had to make a "realistic" story.

Dex-chan lover
Well this oneshot (oneshots and extra I guess) was trash… dont even want to consider it a GL…
Yeah it's like Best Friends. Only the MC has feelings for the other girl, and even author considers it yuri lol. Guess they don't know LGBT+ characters can exist in het stories.

Dex-chan lover
Yuri can definitely cover stories of yearning that can't come true, it's still a story about a woman loving another woman, even if its fruitless.
I agree with you on that. Guess the angst gets to me lol. Even so, personally, I wouldn't recommend any of them, because all they give is angst. Like, these stories always seem to be realistic in that you would always fall for a straight girl irl, but after a year or so, you would be wise enough to look for another one, when you know it would never work. Here we have someone waited 6.5 years only until the day the other is about to marriage, when she could just think for herself first. For what? Just more angst. The current ongoing of Shinoa is kinda the same, but at least the MC is starting to open to other option (seems so), while the other girl may not actually be straight.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it's like Best Friends. Only the MC has feelings for the other girl, and even author considers it yuri lol. Guess they don't know LGBT+ characters can exist in het stories.
Yeah I kinda hate that series gets tagged as GL/BL just because there is 1 character/MC thats homosexual, but the author then decides to make the love interest straight…
Like look at Lycoris Recoil, where we have 2 gay characters, but that one isnt tagged as a BL. Authors need to learn from that.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with you on that. Guess the angst gets to me lol. Even so, personally, I wouldn't recommend any of them, because all they give is angst. Like, these stories always seem to be realistic in that you would always fall for a straight girl irl, but after a year or so, you would be wise enough to look for another one, when you know it would never work. Here we have someone waited 6.5 years only until the day the other is about to marriage, when she could just think for herself first. For what? Just more angst. The current ongoing of Shinoa is kinda the same, but at least the MC is starting to open to other option (seems so), while the other girl may not actually be straight.
Yeah, though at that point its just preferences. I've read enough yuri that its nice to get some just pure angsty stuff every now and then, though ofc there needs to be more angsty stories that still end on a good note tbh, those are very much missing.
Yeah I kinda hate that series gets tagged as GL/BL just because there is 1 character/MC thats homosexual, but the author then decides to make the love interest straight…
Like look at Lycoris Recoil, where we have 2 gay characters, but that one isnt tagged as a BL. Authors need to learn from that.
Luckily the story isn't about the love interest, its about the lesbian and her fruitless love, there's no real way to tag it that isn't GL. Lycoris Recoil isn't about the two gay men, that's why it isn't tagged BL.

Users who are viewing this thread