Kimi no Tame no Curtain Call - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

I plan to go back and translate the first 2 chapters at some point. No offense to the original group but I like consistency. And I feel like it'll help me get a feel for Tsubame's voice.

Tsubame's voice is difficult to narrow down. Her flashy persona is both oddly boyish and dramatic, which plays a role in the story and naturally needs representing. English doesn't express the boyishness as easily so I've leaned into her campiness. Essentially, if I think her lines sound slightly awkward, I think that means it's in the right place.

My redrawing is halfassed but this was one of the hardest manga I could have picked up. The bombastic art style is one of its main appeals and I wish I could do it justice. There's some experimenting with handdrawn SFX too that hopefully looks alright. Also that effect with black outlines around text breaking bubbles? Don't know how people feel about that.

I really want to work from the volumes on this one; volume 1 came with lots of good improvements and 2 will be out soon. So I might take my time with updates HOWEVER it shouldn't be longer than 1 chapter per month.

There's currently 13 chapters out. Won't spoil anything, but in my impression the raws are just about leaving the introductory act. I'm not sure where it will go from there, but it's been very cool so far.
It's really interesting to see how language reflects Tsubame's boyish personality and also how she "breaks character" when she's thinking. Thanks a lot for the translator's notes that you left. They are really helpful to understand Tsubame's personality.

If you can, wish you could talk about how her way of speaking affects her persona. As a translation student, this is really interesting to me.

And thanks for picking this up!

Users who are viewing this thread