Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Memories

I think Kaori knows Ruri or maybe she is Ruri ?! She said that in the past she did not come to school much because she was sick🤔
—
Thank you for the update 🖤

Well kids are cruel , it's a shame ruri couldn't speak up and not a single adult intervened. A moment like this can make or break a kid , no kidding

Now I'm curious how Yuri is doing

Oh damn, this is actually a really good depiction of autism (my younger brother has aspergers). Never thought I'd see it so accurately conveyed in a manga; for those that don't know, her inability to properly empathise with others is pathological - she's not being malicious, she genuinely thought she was being helpful and couldn't see/ comprehend the negative impact her actions were having (notice her genuine lack of understanding as to why the other girl kept apologizing rather than "simply" using the given "feedback" to change her behaviour). People on the spectrum also have difficulty picking up on social and other non-verbal cues; they can struggle to read the atmosphere of a room and rely on other people to explicitly tell them when something is wrong. (Hence her shock to the revelation that she was being a bully, and her incomprehension as to why no one told her sooner).

As high functioning autists (aspies) mature they learn to better mask emotions (i.e. they learn to better immitate/ fake acceptable behaviours and emotional responses, in order to appear more neurotypical to those around them - while such things come naturally to ordinary people, it takes considerable cognitive effort for aspies to maintain their mask and often leads to increased stress, depression and burnout - notice her mental breakdown when her mask/ the illusion she so carefully created in highschool, crumbled away).

For those interested in learning more, I highly reccomend the movie "x + y" (also known as "a brilliant young mind"). As well as just being a really good movie, it also accurately depicts an autistic character; any viewer will notice there's this one really insufferable character that really stands out from the other kids in how obnoxious and painfully blunt to the point of being cringeworthy, he can be. But by the end of the movie, you just really feel sorry for him and his inability to understand and fit in with other kids his age (despite his best efforts, he just isn't able to act "normal" to a convincing degree).

@Fuqfwjhwgg
You might be interested in reading Asuperu Kanojo. It's literally titled Asperger's Girl and it seems like it'd be something you would like.

Dex-chan lover
It's easy to hurt someone without realizing that you're doing so. It can be quite the painful thing to hold.

Dex-chan lover
And this is why I fucking hate kids kek. Thanks for the chapter as always <3

Dex-chan lover
I believe that Asaka knew Ruri from the hospital... Seeing how she fainted while planting flowers, then she stumbled chasing Shizuku. She also mentioned that her class was on a trip in the aquarium, but she did not (probably due to illness). She also read a lot, like most children who spend a lot of time in a hospital bed. These two probably knew each other very well and talked a lot, about Shizuku probably also.
So far, I assume that
Ruri unfortunately died (or is she dying?), but she did not manage to come to terms with Shizuku which she regrets.... and Asaka wants to get this "kind Shizuku" (about which she has heard so much) out of her depression...
Besides, I don't know if it interesting, but the name Ruri ã‚‹ã‚Š means lapis lazuli thats intense blue color... one of the colors the morning glory flower can bloom.

I mean even if she was young it is not hard to realize she was being a huge fcking bitch. I hope they dont end up together because Kaori so far deserves better than this.

Dex-chan lover
She was a fucking stupid kid but hey that was elementary school, don’t let it drag you down your whole life

Seems like pretty standard kids stuff tbh. Not entirely convinced that it's something that'd give Shizuku this degree of self-loathing so many years after the fact unless something worse proceeded it... we'll see.

It might be standard kids stuff but usually after this kind of things, shizuku might be bullied and left alone that kind of things might be traumatic

Users who are viewing this thread