Kimi wa 008 - Vol. 6 Ch. 53 - Why?

Dex-chan lover
Alternate world where the nipps is perpetually stiff

Is it wrong I'm hoping for a School invasion arc where the invaders are the Masters of Ryouzanpaku. While Kenichi and Miu are trying find them also having fight off the students due to the misunderstanding.

Why? is a great title name. Like why the fuck is there huge ass tits in ever other panel.

Dex-chan lover
You know, HSDK did awesome without all the ridiculous ecchi in the beginning. The characters were interested and the story and growth of the characters was good. Then Matsuena went completely overboard with the T&A. And here he is doing it again. It ends up being a distraction from the actual story.

Dex-chan lover
wait
i gotta know if the pipe with washers inserted in them actually work as a suppressor at all

@jonsmth; Potentially, but not in the super simplistic way the manga describes, and not without a small workshop full of specialized tools and a lot of tricky welding. And that's assuming whatever pipe you use is strong enough to withstand the pressures involved without rupturing. Or that you can get the bore diameter correct and all the washers lined up perfectly so your bullet doesn't make a new extra hole in the suppressor. Even if you get all that right, it probably still wouldn't be anywhere near as good as a purpose built suppressor made by a company which used actual computer modelling and engineering to design their suppressor to slow down the expanding gases as much as possible.

What I think the author was going for was one of the old school, WW2 era suppressor designs, which used stacks of solid rubber discs, separated by three or four metal washers. With that design, you basically can just dump the whole stack into a tube, and then screw on a threaded end cap. Those designs are very quiet for about 5-10 shots, before the rubber gets shot out enough that it no longer deadens sound efficiently. And you'd still need to have a workshop and spend quite awhile measuring and calculating to home build one of those.

Supporter
@jonsmth
This is what the idea is based off on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQPsf_wDbmU&ab_channel=ForgottenWeapons

Dex-chan lover
@NoCoolNames13 @Jet515
Interesting.
I know modern suppressors looked like this
main-qimg-9ef0faa0282fe369e5f52ac07a95e6a9
so I couldn't imagine how would washers even do anything to the gasses.

Double-page supporter
So, how will the English translation pick up the pace? Other translations are around chapter 110 or so.

If the Russkies can go this fast, then I'm sure some English-speaking dudes can as well.

Users who are viewing this thread