Kimi wa, Nina Janai - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - I'm right in front of you

Group Leader
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

Man, its been awhile... I don't have much for y'all with this one. Next chapter soon I think, I just need to redraw. Hopefully I won't have another random stretch with no uploads, but if that does happen, y'all should join the discord (https://discord.gg/bnex5SXWU (though this link expires in 30 days... bleh)) so you can get updates on releases!

I said it in the credit page I think, but might have gotten out before my random hiatus if it weren't for a rather painful redraw on page 11. I ended up going with yarivuel's solution, though I don't love it... oh well.

I'm probably going to get the next 3 chapters after this one done, then I'll start working on my other series again... not 100% sure.

Dex-chan lover
The problem is that her father is simply correct. Streaming is an inherently risky business, and one where you could lose almost all your viewers and followers overnight due to some imagined slight. It's also entirely parasocial relationships with your viewers and fake friendships (and maybe a couple real ones) with other streamers for content collaboration, and these are doubly true for v-tubers since you have to put on a persona to go with the model. These things aren't helping her. She should quit streaming, go home, make up with her father, and spend her time going to school and getting more useful skills for a more stable and valuable career. The protagonists are simply incorrect on all fronts.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks Kiwi and LFS for another chapter!

This chapter seems to have a bit better art so far, like there's somehow more impact.

Regarding Nina, she really is in quite a predicament. Kinda sad to see her with nowhere to go. Hope she gets things sorted out and her vtubing would go even better and last well as long as it can.

Dex-chan lover
why didnt she ask her friend for help? I feel like he gonna be there for her whenever she need.

The problem is that her father is simply correct. Streaming is an inherently risky business, and one where you could lose almost all your viewers and followers overnight due to some imagined slight. It's also entirely parasocial relationships with your viewers and fake friendships (and maybe a couple real ones) with other streamers for content collaboration, and these are doubly true for v-tubers since you have to put on a persona to go with the model. These things aren't helping her. She should quit streaming, go home, make up with her father, and spend her time going to school and getting more useful skills for a more stable and valuable career. The protagonists are simply incorrect on all fronts.
With his line of thinking maybe he should learn how to be a labourer before AI takes his job, it's going to be a lot longer for robots to take that job than AI will take his. Everybody is replaceable.

While his and some of your points make sense, she has found a job that she is currently enjoying and is doing fairly well at, she only skipped school because of how her dad reacted. His real reason seems to be that he see's the job to be an embarrassment to him, he doesn't even seem to care about her other than how it will reflect on him.

Dex-chan lover
I like that she is capable of understanding his point, even if she doesn't agree with it. That shows at least some maturity. Although that should also give her something to argue with. She knows there's at least some room for compromise, even if just in theory.

Baldur's Gate 3 is awesome. The previous two were also great.

You can be the most correct person in the world, but if you're an asshole, no one will listen.
Yeah. As I said for the last chapter: he's not wrong, he's just an asshole.

she only skipped school because of how her dad reacted.
That's what she should leverage in her favour. Don't skip school, keep her grades up, and show she can do both. If she does that, he has a much weaker argument.

Dex-chan lover
I honestly disagree with this since while her father is correct, I don't think he really has the right to say it to her even while being her actual father with how unhelpful and emotionally neglectful he has been. It's just hypocritical talking about what's best for her when he's just been a bad father what I can tell so while she should listen, she shouldn't listen too intently.

I don't think anyone is really in the wrong considering this involves someone trying to find a sense of belonging somewhere, and it just isn't where her father is.

Users who are viewing this thread