Kimi wa Petto

Dex-chan lover
a must-read for all josei lovers and those who like older female x younger male tropes. the art style is one of my least favorite out there but you slowly get "used to it"

Dex-chan lover
Yes indeed. It's one of the great josei, and I love the way it turns around a lot of the josei cliches--heck, not even josei cliches but social norms about just who you're "supposed" to be and fall in love with. Plus I just like the characters.

Dex-chan lover
read only if you are okay with female having sex / being in relationship with another guy for the majority of the chapters EVEN THOUGH she clearly is in love with her "pet" since like the start of the manga.

Aggregator gang
I didn't particularly care for the way the ending was written (no problem with how it ended, just how it got there in the end), but it was a very good and funny read for the most part. "Sea man" will always be one of my favorite jokes in manga.
@kronix
I disagree with that analysis.
She really wasn't in love with Momo for a long time, she just found him comforting, which in the end is what allowed her to gradually develop romantic affection without a wall of pretense and low self-esteem blocking the way. She always felt genuine attraction and admiration for Hasumi as well, which was the closest to love she'd ever been before, so naturally she tried and tried to make it work with him.

Easily the worst romance story i've ever read. Also easily the most infuriating, basically just baits you every single chapter and drags along horribly, the main characters have no real resolve to them and I found myself pretty much yelling in my head towards the characters in this manga every single chapter for not only being horribly romantically challenged (so much so that it's hard to believe anyone could be THIS bad at love in the real world) but also for just being terrible cold hearted people in general. Had a lot of potential to be a great story but quickly became a waste of time.

Fed-Kun's army
If you want to read it, which I highly suggest, you might find yourself unwillingly stopping after chapter 38. Until then it is a normal manga uploaded manga series, without flaws, but after that point it is just the physical version scanned and uploaded. It took quite some time to get used to it, but it is definitely worth it, even if its hard to look at first.
In my opinion this a very good Josei manga and suggest anyone reading it. It might have a slightly rushed ending, but nonetheless a very good and heartwarming one. It took me around 8 hours to read it all, with minor breaks in it. I really hope that you the potential reader have an equally good experience as I had. 9/10

This series is so fantastic that I’ve read it multiple times. I do agree that beware, main girl is in a relationship with someone else for a majority of the time, but it makes sense why.

In her eyes momo is literally, a PET. Someone whose dependent on her, cares for her and comforts her, but certainly not a love interest or a “man”. While Momo has attraction to her from the get go (maybe it’s just lust + the situation is interesting but certainly he’s more than willing in the beginning), she sees him as nothing more than a replacement for her dog. The best way to put their relationship in sumire’s eyes is “Business transaction”, where she pays him (food, a place to sleep, etc) in return for his services (listen to her complains, let her hug/cuddle him, etc).

I really like this manga. The characters have flaws and it makes them seem more realistic. In a lot of mangas, I tend to think "nooo this should have happened" or "do this, it makes more sense" but I just read it and enjoyed it.
The occasional chapter with magic is my favorite. I love it tbh

I teared up a few times honestly. I have not felt this emotionally invested in a manga in a while. I have been picking mangas up and drop them due to a lot of love at first sight or things just progress unbelievably quickly. This one really builds it which I like so much more.

I really like that she does not immediately get with him or fall in love with him within the first 20 chapters

This is definitely a manga I will come back to read again

This manga got me waaaay too emotionally invested in the characters lives....I’ve even watched the movies for this lol. Seriously though, this is such a well written and realistic story that I’d have to recommend to anyone. So much character development too. 10/10 manga:)

Users who are viewing this thread