KimoOta, Idol Yarutteyo - Vol. 1 Ch. 15 - Disgusting Otaku Goes To Her Live Concert (Part 1)

Contributor
I know this was already established in the web version, but is it really kosher for the MC, who is a middle-school girl now, to still be friends with a college student and a middle-aged man?

Group Leader
@xyzzy Why not? I personally have a lot of older friends, both from boardgaming and anime servers.

Dex-chan lover
It doesn’t seem like they’re doing anything inappropriate towards her.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what written on the blond kid t-shirt
Thank for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy There is probably a story behind is. Also, she did look like a boy before even as a girl in this world.
And also history remained the same even with her gender being changed, so that might have something to do with it in some way.
And also there are some really big idol fanatics or 2d girls fanatics that don't even look towards other girls in mangas right?

Don't question it, just enjoy it. There could be a million good reasons for it, but the author might never clarify it because it's not interesting enough to be written.

Dex-chan lover
Back in the late 90's and some of the very early 00's, it was actually pretty common to not just know girls on the internet but be friends with a fairly large age-range of them. I won't go into detail about how or why heavy gender segregation happened, mostly because I don't fully understand myself and it's not on-topic to offer my speculation anyway. But I will say that the idea of heavy gender segregation in culture at large is a relatively brand new thing on the scale of the last four decades or so.

Relatedly to the chapter though -- I think it is in fact unusual for boys and girls in Japan to be casual friends. Unless they already knew each other from childhood, they're coworkers at a job, or if they're members of the same club. Yoko was probably perceived as really dysfunctional by her community. Which to be fair, is pretty in-line with her characterization thus far.

Dex-chan lover
The universe was really lazy about adjusting for the gender change.

Aggregator gang
So really only the gender change but everything else still the same? I wonder just how does that world look like with a school girl together with 2 older guys, especially with how her outward look pretty.

Dex-chan lover
page 5 even after re-reading this, I am confused what she mean's by "yoko was actually a boy", does she mean tomboy or something? or a crossdresser? or I don't know

Users who are viewing this thread