Kin no Hitsuji

Another manga by the author of Kami-sama ga uso wo tsuku?

Count me in!
Thank you for your random kindness translator!

I have read this, the latest volume out few months ago. It gives me a headhache at its finest.

Especially the ikemen one, woah, there there..he is soooo immature and wipe off everything whoever comes in his way.

It's troublesome love relationship between them, it's painful. But I think the author previous work much better.

Dex-chan lover
@goronyanpai
Yeah, I'm up to chapter 12, and it's definitely a difficult read. Half of me looks forward to the next chapter, while the other half winces at the thought of all the angst and petulance I'll have to put up with.
I generally rate this mangaka quite highly - Kami-sama ga Uso wo Tsuku was great while that one-shot about the child reincarnating was brilliant, but her longer series do get a bit fatiguing at times.

@Moodyz
I have a hard time digesting this. I'm good and all for heavy reading. But, there are still a number of things that keep bugging me.

One boy who does whatever he wants, and one boy who is completely useless.

What makes me cringe even more is when the writer make it look like he has some difficulties and trying to foster a sense of sympathy.
Oh, everyone has difficulties, but it just didn't feel right with me. I can't relate at all.
There are cases that answer about the past where the environment can affect someone and that is true. That's a psychological problem. But from his very bad behavior to boot.. *wave hands*

It runs in a circle, the concept of 'needing someone who can understand'.

Fed-Kun's army
From the comments and the first chapter I expect an emotional rollercoaster and some really stupid developments trying to reason Yuushi being a dick. I read the tags on mangaupdates and the manga has the tag "boxing" so I wonder if it is going to play a major role or not

Nope. I'm out. I can immediately tell what the story is automatically. Whoop de doo.

MC finds out:

Red Haired friend became a bullying dickhead.
BLack Haired Male friend became a Spineless victim due to Red Haired friend always bullying him.
Black Haired Girl Friend is an insecure shallow Bitch face focused on appearance and social reputation.

Then there's tons of drama and either MC quits them all and makes Black haired Male friend a better person, or they all do an "I LOVE YOU, YOU LOVE ME, WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY" and then they all magically become good people and nothing is learned ending.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this seems pretty dark and depressing. And there's nothing much about that darkness that really draws me in. And I don't know why, but I get this feeling that the way the characters deal with the darkness and depression isn't going to rub me the right way. Methinks I'm not in on this one.

@crazybars Isn't that how it works in real life? Realistically speaking at that age (age of the mc's) their brain capacities aren't at the proper stage to act as adults. Hence Sora being depressed and it seems that yuu-chin or what the fuck ever is name is taking his anger out on him. And in japan this shit seems common to everyday life TBH. Just putting that out there, not hating.

Dex-chan lover
This seems very good, would enjoy seeing it picked up by someone

I see a lot of negative comments, but I think people would enjoy it if they stick with the story, which I find wholesome and mostly believable (if only someone picks this up again!)

Btw the author shares a lot of her thoughts and her motivation behind this series on her blog. Basically some of the events happened to her in the past and she finally feels ready to revisit this part of her memory.

http://innobad.blog.shinobi.jp/

Dex-chan lover
I always thought that if I was bullied like that I would rather commit homicide instead of suicide. If you are going to go off the rails might as well remove the irritant. Of course then you have to work your way through all the bullies friends. You either run out of bullies or humans at some point. Remember to always talk it out first. Manga and anime bullies make everyone whoever bothered to bully me look like amateurs.

Users who are viewing this thread