Kindan Shitei de Breakthrough - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

haha, he's blind to the princess love!

And those comparisons, the pressure comes mostly from himself, which in turn makes him blind and rushed. Hope he doesn't get himself lost...

Mc cool down when you're too worry about people opinion on you its just harming yourself just take it slow and steady

@RanTomoki Even if they end up calling it a misunderstanding it won't be. Calling your OWN child DUMB although he has done a good job (he even got the 2nd place) and then calling it a misunderstanding will be nothing but a poorly made excuse. No children deserve to be called names by their own parents. The reason why he hates to be the 2nd place is because of the treatment he gets. Just because he got the 2nd place everyone treats him like he's some sort of failure although it's not even the 2nd place from the bottom.

@black_knight69 Easier to say than done. If almost everyone treats you horribly it gets harder to ignore just like in real life

@scartrick imagine you're born with 140 IQ but then everyone treats you like shit just because you do a few mistakes. Life is a gamble. Sometimes the people around you don't care about you making mistakes but sometimes there are just those people who laugh over others' mistakes (although it's smaller than those they make) just because it makes them feel superior. Like seriously mate

Double-page supporter
Hahahahaha the naming sense of this author is freaking awesome.

Trayner
Fiancei
Sadith

You know what. The princess and the father can all go sit on a pinecone and twerk on it.

What the hell, man, that's not how you're supposed to treat someone you care about. The princess know the complicated situation he is in but yet still decide to f-ing kick in the hurt spot just for the fun. And the father... I can't even start, this is the kind of person that shouldn't be allowed to reproduce because he can't treat his own son as at least a decent non-related human and for being as dense as a black hole about raising someone.

Thanks for the chapter!
I can get the MC's anger and disappointment, but he really should take off the rose colored glasses. Did it ever occur to him that the reason the princess knows the contents of his room and chases off other girls is because she really likes him? Granted his grades and abilities can't compare to his father, but being second to only Fiancei is really good, heck I'd love to have been able to keep coming out second in my grade back when I was in school struggling to get everything down. Also, shouldn't try to shoulder unrealistic expectations of other people who only gossip and comment on their ignorance.
As for his father's bragging I'd say it was more pointing out vast difference in immediate hands on experience by going directly into life or death battles versus a more peaceful and less dangerous school environment. Also, I think father really is busy with work and part of reason doesn't teach is most of what he does is instinctive and hard to teach along with being the dangerous sink or swim type lessons. You know like how Roxanne in "Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo" describes her ability to fight and/or dodge as simply going oomph when the enemy goes bamph and other things which only make sense to her and nobody else.
I wonder if that maid is really demon kin. Although she has a lot of insight and pointing out things MC is glossing over such as the father was really struggling in school. Seems even slept through various classes.

@Mathiason Of course he wouldn't notice this. Nobody says a good thing about him, and whenever someone does, they either compare him to his father, to her, and if its a girl complimenting him she would immediately talk badly of him.

Dex-chan lover
So it's "Everyone is demeaning to the MC" story? Those are the kind of stories that have the MC go evil.

Some of us would say "Let the boy go evil. At least they have cookies and don't talk down to you."

Dex-chan lover
I don't know what's everybody's deal in that academy. What's so bad about not being first, especially when the other competitor is also a child of a hero and from the royal family?

@Oculunus
Japan places great importance on the concepts of honor and family. If you combine it with their obsession with rankings, in study and in life, you can understand what mentality we are talking about.

Dex-chan lover
@Mattopui
You're right, but that just further proves my point. The first place is taken by a daughter of another hero, who is the crown princess at the same time. That's a better family background, so there should be no shame in losing to that.

And if Eirth took the first place, would everyone badmouth the princess then? With that kind of mentality people in the places lower than 10 should just go kill themselves. So it's either plot device or that world is a really unhealthy environment.

Users who are viewing this thread