Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - My Fair Lady vs. The Karate Kid

Group Leader
Don't mind if I dunkaccino up this chapter so more people come and see HD Movies and TV shows.

Joke aside, I wish this series is picked up by someone. Also, all the movies in this chapter are kino. As long as you don't go deep with the Karate Kid sequel and the remake.

Thank you for the chapter and your hard work, the quality is right up there with the previous translation! I hope this won't be the last I see of this series.

Dex-chan lover
I so desperately want someone to Photoshop Kine face into that "absolute cinema" meme lmao 🤣

Me

Dex-chan lover
More Machiko?!
Better yet, more child Machiko!!

Dex-chan lover
This is a great series, so please, whoever picked this up, I hope you'll continue it with more chapters!

AoC

Thank you for the chapter! Understandable why it'd be just a single release, it is a dense manga. Hopefully this will spur more interest.

That said, oh god this one brings me back. I took a History of Cinema course in college and it was full of this kinda discussions. Old movies being more boring than new ones vs. the need to cover all of the Classics so you can have a proper framework to criticize what you watch now. But then, how do you determine what's a Classic worth sitting through? Citizen Kane is an important landmark, but also makes you go anime_girls_with_question_marks_on_their_heads.png
And of course being right. The focus on pleasing the widest audience and collecting the biggest box office is how we end up with a deluge of messy comic book movies dominating the landscape. At least we still get some nice arthouse fare, but it's hard not to grow cynic.

Love this manga so much, thanks again for the release! Here's hoping for another group picking up the torch and finishing it up so I can recommend the series without that annoying disclaimer "it's amazing, but releases dried up a while back, so best get to learning japanese I guess"

Double-page supporter
Sometimes you watch/read a work and you think "Wow, this is really good" or "Wow, this is really bad", but when you come back to it years later you realize that was mostly product of where you were in your life at that time.
Kine-san is always a treat, tho. No matter how much time passes between chapters, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread