King Golf - Vol. 15 Ch. 143 - Motto

Dex-chan lover
Ngl, in some places the translation felt... a touch questionable. Especially the last part of page 11.

A King Golf update is the only update on this site that gets me visibly excited that isn’t like, Berserk, it’s hype shit.

Group Leader
@Amplify I'm the scanlator for the series, I do apologize about the inconsistencies on page 11 in particular. The typo really slipped by me. As far as the, I'm going to call it stiff, dialogue it's mostly my fault. The current translator for the series is fairly new and has no background in golf which this series uses lots of vernacular. So a good bit of each chapter has to be rewritten by me for the golf literate readers. This leads to some occasional jarring dialogue shifts between how I write using my own golf terminology and sentence structure and how the literal TLs come out. I do try to proofread a few times before releasing but knowing what a dialogue bubble is supposed to say and what it actually says gets me in trouble because I will gloss over errors without noticing.

To this extent though the author isn't totally absolved from liability. There are many, many instances of sentences that just dont make any sense in the raws and the constant shift from yards to meters which boggles my mind. This is something you pointed out on pg. 11. I'm assuming you meant the part that goes "Wow!! Dont you dare do it too short!!" Which I should have changed to something along the lines of "Woah!! Remember you can't go too short!!" That sentence would change the general surprise to a more attention grabbing one, as well as change Preds critical remark to a more straightforward reminder that only puts pressure on Ami.

Regardless thank you for the heads up to recheck that page I'll fix that and update in a bit.

Group Leader
@Amplify Yes, perfect example. I know what it should say but I've looked over it 5 times now and still missed it, even when giving that page extra scrutiny. Regardless it's fixed now as well as a few other problems with that page. We do have an error corrections channel in our discord if you're interested in making notes for things I miss. Otherwise thank you and have a good one.

Users who are viewing this thread