King of Ruin ~Gaogaigar vs Betterman~ the COMIC

Dex-chan lover
GaoGaiGar and Betterman? Watched the former, but the latter is something I need to finally look into.

Dex-chan lover
More like seat warmer once GaoGaiGar comes back. Amirite?

Dex-chan lover
On man I heard about this planned sequel to GGG Final. I hope we see Gai and crew again.

An interesting choice of translation for 覇界王 / Hakai Ou there at the end of the first chapter. Overlord doesn't work for it, seeing lit. would King of Destruction, which is a play on GaoGaiGar's title as King of Braves.

@Munakoiso

It's also a reference to the name Palparepa gave Genesic GaoGaiGar, "Hakaishin," or God of Destruction.

In this instance, Overlord could potentially work due to various usages of Overlord with different literal translations of kanji. For example, Overlord can be used for Demon Lord, as well, since "Maoh" is used for Overlord in other Japanese fiction.

However, I would much rather see it as something along the lines of "Lord of Destruction" which flows a little better than "King of Destruction."

@Mathias

Betterman is a much different tone. It's meant to be something of a psychological thriller.

I personally love it. I own the whole series on DVD. To each their own, however. Watch it or not, boag is right; the designs are amazing.

Group Leader
@yorukaze05

"Alouette was correct. Bionet had abducted civilians at random to use as imitation Zonder Robo hosts. They themselves hadn’t expected Alouette to be one of them. At the start they had chosen people with lots of stress, but recently they had even intentionally inflicted stress on the kidnapped people and then planted imitation Zonder Metal on them. These acts had ironically let Alouette regain her memory and genius."

Extremely glazed-over, but that's the gist. Personally I don't care for the logistics, just glad to have her.

Dex-chan lover
OK, shit just hit the fan. If said shit was shot from a rail-gun that is.

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 51 in a nutshell:
j49qusdgk9311.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread