Kingdom - Ch. 647 - Activity at Kanan

Dex-chan lover
@Plutonis, the theory was already mentioned in the story by Ryofui himself, but he said the dates didn't line up for it to be possible, sadly

Riboku sure sucks when it comes to politics.

People tend to not care about who is King, they certainly don't care about a piece of shit who hides behind walls, while they die.

Riboku could simply claim that the late Kings decree was forged, the peasants would most likely believe a war hero more then some corrupt bureaucrat.

Dex-chan lover
I probably have said this before, but this constant cliffhangers are getting pretty annoying real quick

Aggregator gang
Despite my reservations about Riboku's political ingenuity, I do admire his dignity for refusing Shunsuiju's frank suggestion. It's the right one, too, in the long run, to be honest. Riboku may be good at military tactics, but ruling Zhao is better done by Prince Ka.

That aside, I wonder if Ryofui will attempt another coup since some of his remnants from Ai come from Chu and Zhao courts. Hmm. Troubling, as always. I wonder if there's another possibility of him truly helping Sei like Seikyou did, though? Most likely not, but it's still nice to think of.

this series is starting to feel like its dragging.

barely anything has actually happened in the last several years real time. Qins took a couple zhao cities... and thats it. Riboku is squabbling with current leadership, but despite some action the last couple chapters, it ultimately didnt result in much of anything (riboku must operate from the background now? hes basically done that anyway)

we are at ch 647, we started with 7 states, we *still have* 7 states

HE ALREADY PISSES ME OFF ONCE, NOW THAT HE COMES BACK, HE'S GOING TO PISS ME OFF TWICE

How lame is it, when you spend 646 chapters villifying characters, and then suddenly can't help but aknowledge how unique and brave they are? When you give an unreliable character all the powers, show him killing undefeatable antagonists left and right like it's an easy task, but of course, only easy for him, because...you know, he is the main character...Maybe it's just the old me. Maybe the writer is rethinking how to write his own manga given the current circumstances in Taiwan and Hong-Kong. Maybe i placed too much expectations and should have stopped reading a long time ago when adults like Kanki and Kisui were having fierce battles.

Dex-chan lover
@dragoonstorm7
Well, it is based on real history, the author can't modify too much.
In the manga, the Quin already obtained 3 important city an with them half of Zhao, only the royal capital remain to finish the job.
And with the political suicide of Zhao, it's just a walking corpse

@WanRa

i know the author is limited by history, but he *does* control pacing. the last arc was extremely long relative to the actual amount of progress made, and that is what im frustrated with

Riboku, that's you biggest mistake and flaw: you don't know how to choose your boss, lol

Users who are viewing this thread