Kingdom - Ch. 754 - A Moment To Rejoice

I honestly didn't even notice another group translated the series (even the typesetting was up to par) until I read the messages here. Sensescans (while they've been slowing down) have been reliably translating the series for a very long time. I find your lack of respect for another scanlation team's efforts... disturbing.

I honestly didn't even notice another group translated the series (even the typesetting was up to par) until I read the messages here. Sensescans (while they've been slowing down) have been reliably translating the series for a very long time. I find your lack of respect for another scanlation team's efforts... disturbing.
and yet you still read the chapter. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds

and yet you still read the chapter. Your hypocrisy knows no bounds
You literally ignored the first sentence of my comment and receive no reading comprehension awards.

Don't mistake my praise for their Typesetting skills as acceptance towards their sniper acts. I've been in scanlation since 2015 (White Cloud Pavilion) and a series being sniped by another group is greatly frowned upon by other scanlation groups.

If you think this sniper group is going to be as loyal as Sensescans and stick around for a long time- you're sadly mistaken. I don't want to see Sensescans who have translated and worked on Kingdom for years to quit. They are properly honoring the authors original meanings- whereas this sniper group missed some key elements.

--

This is some certified nerd stuff right here lol.

Anyways thanks for the new translation, "The KillerTurkey Co-op" I appreciate this alot, faster translation with amazing quialty :)

I just appreciate good reliable scanlation work by people that actually care for the series. ;) I really don't think anyone should be celebrating a rogue group that steals from a group that poured so much of their time and heart into bringing it to english readers. But hey- whatever right? Who cares about the authors vision and how much time and effort goes into properly translating this into English- as long as you can read it faster. =) --(Edit: Sorry for the way this comment rubbed off / It's because our group experiences alot of snipers too o_O)

Last edited:
You literally ignored the first sentence of my comment and receive no reading comprehension awards.

Don't mistake my praise for their Typesetting skills as acceptance towards their sniper acts. I've been in scanlation since 2015 (White Cloud Pavilion) and a series being sniped by another group is greatly frowned upon by other scanlation groups.

If you think this sniper group is going to be as loyal as Sensescans and stick around for a long time- you're sadly mistaken. I don't want to see Sensescans who have translated and worked on Kingdom for years to quit. They are properly honoring the authors original meanings- whereas this sniper group missed some key elements.
This is some certified nerd stuff right here lol.

Anyways thanks for the new translation, "The KillerTurkey Co-op" I appreciate this alot, faster translation with amazing quality:)

I just appreciate good reliable scanlation work by people that actually care for the series. I really don't think anyone should be celebrating a rogue group that steals from a group that poured so much of their time and heart into bringing it to english readers. But hey- whatever right? Who cares how much time and effort goes into all this- as long as you can read it faster.

Why are Entitle people like you so horrible, do you know how much "Time and Heart" this team pouring in this chapter? Like where can I see their works hours, on a free translation? And see if they put out their heart and soul so a person like you can read it for free.

I mean they both can post their own translation if they want to all the english kingdom fans, like we can clearly see they do a great job at it.

And if Sensescans stop translating cause they want to be the only Super Legal english translator than that's their own fault.

Last edited:
Like where can I see their works hours, on a free translation? And see if they put out their heart and soul so a person like you can read it for free.

I do know how much time and heart they're pouring into Kingdom because I'm actively releasing 20/30+ chapters a month from my own scanlation group (WCP founded 2015). You can also view the entire history of a groups contribution towards a series from the following website: https://www.mangaupdates.com/group/sswd33u/sense-scans

The very first Kingdom credit for Sensescans was made 2016-05-14 (Vol. 44, CH 473) along with Turnipfarms (RIP). I guess I am a bit of a nerd. XD

It really depends on how well each member of the team works together- but the process can be a little ridiculous (Multi-day or week process):

1) You have to pay for / secure the raws
2) Cleaning / Redrawing to remove foreign language and repair the art,
3) Translator has to convert foreign language into English,
4) Proofreader has to convert it into readable english,
5) Typesetter has to apply the text onto the pages and bubbles one by one,
6) Uploader needs to do his thing.

In the scanlation world every group respects other groups and their 'unofficial' claim to a series. If a group is actively releasing chapters for a series- then you normally don't approach it with a 10-ft pole out of respect for other scanlation groups.

Mangadex (much like Bato.to) often sides with the scanlation group over snipers (by removing sniper CHs) -- I don't know if that will happen here since the quality of KillerTurkey Co-Op just barely meets the standards Sensescans set. I know exactly how Sensescans members are feeling since our group gets series and chapters sniped too.

It's not a good feeling and I can only hope that if a Sensescans member is reading my comment- I just want them to know that there are readers that do care for their efforts. Turnipfarms passed the series down to you and I'll try to only read from you. <3

How would the people at turkey scans help sense scans? Sense scans needs translators from jp to english, something the people at turkey scans seemingly can't do
After reading Higasho's in depth explanation regarding all this I'm starting to understand better.

I don't know much about the scanlating community and wasn't considering a lot of variables.

I was merely thinking that if Turkey group worked alongside/joined Sense Scans, they could help with Sense Scans' workload and get some experience in the process. Try to incorporate people into the community rather than chasing them away.

I definitely agree that undermining other groups hard work is not the answer.

I sincerely appreciate Sense Scans' dedication to the series, and their deep understanding of the language and all the nuances involved.

Cheers~

Users who are viewing this thread