Kingdom - Ch. 759 - The Paradoxical King

Dex-chan lover
I present you, man:
videoblocks-closeup-of-flames-of-fire-burning-wood-at-forest-fire-flames-blazing-over-pieces-of-timber-in-backyard-camping-bonfire-burning-in-slow-motion-at-forest_bygyhqnov_thumbnail-1080_01.png

Dex-chan lover
Fire burns and destroys but at the same time what propelled humans to advance. It allows us to stay warm, cook food, and make tools. Guessing thats what Shin is going to say
Maybe. but 'fire', the flame in us, our essence, our meaning, our drive, our definition. swayed by the winds of time, the fire burns! sway. There are so many fires in our world, so many 'meaning'. Sometimes they merge, sometimes they clash, all to reveal the One True Fire, the Truth. Advance to the Truth. That is 'fire'

Nothing is true, everything is permitted. This is my fire. What then, is thy fire? Give it to me, that thing, that dark soul

Dex-chan lover
Laws are there to keep the fire in check and focused, to blur the naïve idea that there is such thing as good or evil.

If people were inherently evil humanity would have ceased to exist shortly after it began. We are inherently good with the option to be partly evil. Written or other static laws may provided guidance, but legalism only serves injustice, since true law only comes into existence when a person passes his judgment, who's disposition will always trump what's written, one way or another. A good person will only apply written law where it's good too, and bad person will always apply written law or only where it's convient for himself.

Users who are viewing this thread