Kingdom - Ch. 762 - Ordinary Legalist

Dex-chan lover
I mean Shin is also supposed to be a noble from a military family (among like 200 other contradictions), so I don't expect the series to necessarily follow the history that tightly
And Heki is supposed to be long dead, lol.

The manga is actually following the real history somewhat closely in the case of Kan Pishi because his stubborn insistence on devolving every conversation into a philosophical debate was exactly what pissed off the historical Qin Shihuang enough to open him up to the historical Li Shi's suggestion to execute the guy.

That and his apparent inability to finish his sentences due to his speech impediment.

Double-page supporter
I thought that the "good or evil" discussion had a point before, I can see now that it doesn't, this guy just wants to be right about his theory and can't accept that not everyone thinks the way he does.

Dex-chan lover
I thought that the "good or evil" discussion had a point before, I can see now that it doesn't, this guy just wants to be right about his theory and can't accept that not everyone thinks the way he does.
It's more about getting who the person is and working from there. Shin's theory of fire works for him because it encompasses the good and the evil, but the theory of light is inherently incompatible with law, which must rule without bias against all.

Dex-chan lover
It's more about getting who the person is and working from there. Shin's theory of fire works for him because it encompasses the good and the evil, but the theory of light is inherently incompatible with law, which must rule without bias against all.

It's simpler than that. This manga is setting up Kan Pishi to be a Han spymaster. The reason he's suddenly super-pedantic and "ordinary" is because he was never there to help Qin. He's just buying time by running through the motions with Rishi and perplexing Sei with pointless philosophical debates. The whole debate in the Han royal palace was meant just to create drama to justify his departure and make Qin believe in his sincerity.

Dex-chan lover
It's simpler than that. This manga is setting up Kan Pishi to be a Han spymaster. The reason he's suddenly super-pedantic and "ordinary" is because he was never there to help Qin. He's just buying time by running through the motions with Rishi and perplexing Sei with pointless philosophical debates. The whole debate in the Han royal palace was meant just to create drama to justify his departure and make Qin believe in his sincerity.
Insert bothisgood.gif here. :p Seriously, he can do both just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread