Kingdom - Ch. 763 - Another Goal

its actually nice to get an espionage arc, outside of battles we've had internal struggles and coups, but we haven't gotten anything regarding spies, and considering the massive blow that was Kanki's death it makes sense that there should've been a hidden reason for it, like their information deliberately being skewed by Riboku both publicly and privately

Dex-chan lover
It was an oversight on Youka's part not to suss out the fact that Ri Shi studied with Kan Pi Shi in the past; now there's a good chance his plot will be exposed with no counterplay. Of course what's interesting is that Kan Pi Shi might still very well still have his own espionage squad. Spies on all sides must mix truth and lies after all.

Banned
I don't usually complain about translators but you SenseScans people are really a fucking disgrace aren't you. How the fuck does it take weeks for you all to translate Kingdom after it release and it wasn't just one instance, you all keep getting slower and slower this never happen with Turnipfarmers and that guy is only just one person.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC, historically,
Yao Jia/Youka doesn't really seem to appear much, and only really popped up twice: when he helped dismantle the 4-State Coalition of Zhao, Yan, Wu, and Chu; and during/preceding the Qin/Han war, where both he and Li Si/Rishi basically convinced Ying Zheng/Ei Sei to imprison Han Fei/Kan Pishi.

Apparently, Han Fei/Kan Pishi tries to warn Sei about Yao Jia/Youka potentially no longer being loyal to Qin, but Youka eventually tides him over. On top of this, Li Si/Ri Shi, reportedly out of jealousy, or out of fear that Sei would replace him with Kan Pishi, slanders the latter (kinda simplified it here but that's the gist of it). With these two voices against one, in brief, Sei concedes and (re?)imprisons Kan Pishi.

Pishi tries to appeal to the King, but even after hearing his pleas, Sei hesitates to make a choice. In the interim, Rishi forces Kan Pishi to commit suicide. Sei, in the aftermath, regrets his indecision, having decided too late to free him. Nevertheless, the Qin/Han war ends not too long afterwards.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Youka is ever mentioned again after this lol. I wonder how Hara's gonna spin all of this.

I don't usually complain about translators but you SenseScans people are really a fucking disgrace aren't you. How the fuck does it take weeks for you all to translate Kingdom after it release and it wasn't just one instance, you all keep getting slower and slower this never happen with Turnipfarmers and that guy is only just one person.
why are you complaining about it, they are doing it for free, they have other things to do

Dex-chan lover
I imagine it won't go quite how it did historically as the Qin King's behavior/personality in the manga don't match the behavior/personality within historical records. At least not entirely.
Not yet, hopefully. It would be a shame if we don't get mercury arc.

Fed-Kun's army
i understand the frustration of waiting a long time for scanlations but i think those insults were out of line. well, idk any of the ppl involved in scanlating this manga personally, but im pretty sure they have other things they need to do too.

Dex-chan lover
being a spy in ancient china but be real easy if they can just casually go back to their employer openly like this, there's a 100% chance there are spies of every country in every country's capital yet this dude who is meant to be deep undercover in Zhao can just openly walk around and meet with high ranking Qin officials?

Dex-chan lover
Touch grass

Dex-chan lover
Ri Shi getting all indignant about espionage seems sort of out of character given what he’s done (or at least wildly lacking in self-awareness).

Dex-chan lover
It was an oversight on Youka's part not to suss out the fact that Ri Shi studied with Kan Pi Shi in the past; now there's a good chance his plot will be exposed with no counterplay. Of course what's interesting is that Kan Pi Shi might still very well still have his own espionage squad. Spies on all sides must mix truth and lies after all.
I seriously doubt Kan Pi Shi is a spy or even involved with them. If we take what happened with Shin, Kan Pi Shi was genuinely interested in helping and interacting both with Shin and Sei. If Kan Pi Shi knew about the spies it is most likely just because he is that smart and observant. I'm sure the people from Han just took the chance to send a bunch of spies, and Riboku being the impossible man he is, is trying to manipulate both Han and Qin.

Supporter
I don't usually complain about translators but [bitching and moaning omitted]
It's always the losers with nazi profile pics who have the stupidest, most entitled takes. If you can't handle getting your free manga on a slight time delay then go upstairs and complain to your mom, maybe she'll care about your opinion.

Ri Shi getting all indignant about espionage seems sort of out of character given what he’s done (or at least wildly lacking in self-awareness).
It isn't that he has problems with espionage, he hates that Kanpishi is the one doing it, he sees Kanpishi as someone who never could do it because he is too straight forward and honest, you could see that kind of behaviour in many characters from different series.

Dex-chan lover
I seriously doubt Kan Pi Shi is a spy or even involved with them. If we take what happened with Shin, Kan Pi Shi was genuinely interested in helping and interacting both with Shin and Sei. If Kan Pi Shi knew about the spies it is most likely just because he is that smart and observant. I'm sure the people from Han just took the chance to send a bunch of spies, and Riboku being the impossible man he is, is trying to manipulate both Han and Qin.
I agree with you that this is most likely; still, I wouldn't be surprised if at the very least some people in his entourage were informants of some sort, even if Kan Pi Shi himself has nothing to do with it. It would be silly of Han not to gather whatever knowledge they can given the opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread