Kingdom - Ch. 776 - Tactlessness

Dex-chan lover
If I recall, nothing much actually comes from this, historically speaking?
Like, he gets a ton of rewards for sure, but as far as I'm aware he neither ferments a rebellion, nor is he connected to the Han that will take over once Ei-sei and the Qin unified China are gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Dex-chan lover
Well well well, how the tables turn. It's pretty rare for a stratagem from Riboku to fail, but welcomed anyway.
It's pretty obvious in them not directly naming their true target a couple chapters ago that it's Shin. Riboku is feigning a collapse in his strategy so they pull the Hi Shin Unit into the mix where Riboku wants them.
riboku and his 5d chess plot armor gonna be : "yes hi shin is our real target and all of this is just bait"

Dex-chan lover
Riboku's plot armor will extend to the moment he dies. "Hm yes, you've stabbed me, but this is really just step four of my 15-step plan to topple Qin. The smell of me pooping my pants in death will come back to haunt you at the moment of your triumph, and my allies will seize upon that instant of weakness, don't you worry!"
He's not quite as dumb as Houken was, but it's getting pretty predictable.

kszxtk.png

He said it

Dex-chan lover
If I recall, nothing much actually comes from this, historically speaking? Like, he gets a ton of rewards for sure, but as far as I'm aware he neither ferments a rebellion, nor is he connected to the Han that will take over once Ei-sei and the Qin unified China are gone
The historical one was married to the first princess of Qin, so he never had any reason to rebel or found his own kingdom. Technically, he did have a relationship with the rebels that brought down Qin. He was the one who killed Xiang Yan, grandfather of the future Hegemon of West Chu.

Dex-chan lover
Well, Akou's alive for now. For now. Like the others, wouldn't be surprised if it turns out Riboku was aiming for Shin all along.

I don't expect him to die to Shin here, though. Not this early on, anyway. Probably Kaine comes in and sacrifices herself to save Riboku if he is in mortal danger.

Double-page supporter
Although it won't but well if Shin kill Riboku now it will be so anti climatic .... Thanks for the translation...

Dex-chan lover
If I recall, nothing much actually comes from this, historically speaking? Like, he gets a ton of rewards for sure, but as far as I'm aware he neither ferments a rebellion, nor is he connected to the Han that will take over once Ei-sei and the Qin unified China are gone
foments*
and I believe you're correct.

Unrelated to the quote: Anyone else annoyed whenever they see "Ou" translated as "Oh", or (not seen in this chapter, just a related irritation) "Hai" [はい] in the affirmative or querulous usage (often used to indicate the listener is actively listening, and that a question asked is correct for the former, and to mean that they don't understand or that they're acknowledging someone asking for their attention with the latter) translated as something else?

Dex-chan lover
14d chess move will prove that the target is not actually Shin, but Ousen all along.
And the next 15d step is to prove that the target actually always was Ousen's horse, the real mastermind behind Qin

Dex-chan lover
foments*
and I believe you're correct.

Unrelated to the quote: Anyone else annoyed whenever they see "Ou" translated as "Oh", or (not seen in this chapter, just a related irritation) "Hai" [はい] in the affirmative or querulous usage (often used to indicate the listener is actively listening, and that a question asked is correct for the former, and to mean that they don't understand or that they're acknowledging someone asking for their attention with the latter) translated as something else?
You're not the only one. Like, I get what they're meant to convey, but the translation relies on the reader already understanding some basic Japanese to clue in that "Oh!" isn't meant in the English "Oh!" but is instead a literal transcription of how we'd make the "Ou" sound in English, lol.

But the TL quality and typesetting quality are decent, so I'm overall happy with the output here. There's much worse out there.

Dex-chan lover
"hi shin unit i know you're already fighting an army more then twice your size but how about you split your forces even more" why not call on ouhon? his troops are fresh and free.
Ouhon is too far, it would take longer for him to arrive than to Shin to detach a few hundred.

Dex-chan lover
You're not the only one. Like, I get what they're meant to convey, but the translation relies on the reader already understanding some basic Japanese to clue in that "Oh!" isn't meant in the English "Oh!" but is instead a literal transcription of how we'd make the "Ou" sound in English, lol.

But the TL quality and typesetting quality are decent, so I'm overall happy with the output here. There's much worse out there.
Much much worse, I've stopped reading a few certain manga because the only translators were doing such a bad job.

Compared to those this translators are quite good.

Users who are viewing this thread