Kingdom - Ch. 786 - The Necessity of Resolve

Thank you! I sigh at every comment I read about these people who don´t know shit about horses! War horses were specially bred to serve in war and were huge!
This is a common misconception. War horses were strong but not all that tall. In the first place, selective breeding wasn't really a thing until the late Renaissance, so for most of history wat horses weren't bred for anything, they just picked the horses that turned out to be strong and aggressive.

One day those foot soldiers surrounding an officer 1000 to 1 will learn to stab the fucking horse instead of staring blankly at its rider.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you! I sigh at every comment I read about these people who don´t know shit about horses! War horses were specially bred to serve in war and were huge!
I didn't mean their size, I meant their fucked up legs. Look at page 5 and tell me these things can go into full gallop.

Guess you havent seen drifting horses before?

Btw dont you guys watch early translates from 4chan? next ch already up

Dex-chan lover
"best" does not mean "biggest", necessarily. Ferghana horses are some of the most prized horses in Chinese history, and they are fairly squat horses with big sausage-shaped bodies (so yes, the artist is being accurate, hahahaha), able to easily survive the cold winters of even northern climates that would be lethal to smaller horses, and having a lower body meant they had better center of gravity than most. They are very fleet of foot and have a lot of stamina, as well, but would be completely and utterly unable to carry even a tenth the load of an English draught horse (they could pull an amazing 23 tons, on average!).

Ferg-5c5cba4b46e0fb0001587465.jpg
As a graphical artist you have 2 options to showcase the best horse of the land

You draw them accurately as fat sausages, or... you draw them as fat sausages that also work as bodybuilders

The second option adds more flair and better drives the point home that their horses are special stuff

Fed-Kun's army
Hate to say it, but ji aga is absolutely not gonna die from that. He might eventually bleed out, but hes gonna do a counter for sure.
In this series, aside from decapitation, the only guaranteed mortal strike is the diagonal cut through the shoulder that makes it through half the torso

Dex-chan lover
I didn't mean their size, I meant their fucked up legs. Look at page 5 and tell me these things can go into full gallop.
They can go full gallop. Some of them stand wide, but that just means they have a stiff gait. You just enjoy digging yourself into holes, don'tcha?

types-of-horse-back-legs.jpg

This is a common misconception. War horses were strong but not all that tall. In the first place, selective breeding wasn't really a thing until the late Renaissance, so for most of history wat horses weren't bred for anything, they just picked the horses that turned out to be strong and aggressive.
Selective breeding was going on for a lot longer than that. In fact China declared war over the selectively-bred horses of Dayuan, aka the Ferghana, which I've already mentioned before. It's referred to as [天马之战] or, "The War of Heavenly Horses". Horses in Europe trace back to two distinct lineages from the Arabian Peninsula and the Eurasian Steppe, going back 700 years at least, which would be the beginning of the Late Middle Ages at most. The war over the Ferghana I mentioned? That dates back to about 100 BC.

Users who are viewing this thread