Kingdom - Vol. 57 Ch. 622 - Houken

Dex-chan lover
Probably something about how pursuing any one thing with dedication can lead to perfection in that area or how primal humans are deep within.

Houken represents the worst of this manga. This manga tried to present itself as full of strategy and politics. But remember, really remember properly. All strategies were fictional impractical BS and teleporting armies/Houken. And the politics, well I'm pretty sure everyone thinks the Ryofui and Sei's dialogue was retarded.

The best part of this manga is obviously Kan Ki. I basically barely follow the current arc because of that.

Dex-chan lover
Ah. Cool meta-narrative about how we as a species are all annoying and pop up at the worst time to bog down the story.

Holy fuck, I did not think my opinion of this manga could drop this low

I hate how author seems to think everyone is soooo interested in this Houken dude.

that was it? Better off without any dialogue as that subtracts from the chapter. Utter nonsense and a waste of time reading those speech bubbles,

Dex-chan lover
FUCK DON'T WASTE MORE CHAPTERS ON THIS SOB HARA IS HOUKEN BIG IN JAPAN OR SOMETHING NOBODY KNOWS HE EXISTED BEFORE YOU WROTE HIM IN YOUR GODDAMN MANGA

Sorry for ranting, it was a difficult day

Dex-chan lover
Riboku gives an explanation- everybody is even more confused. But Houken really is the bane of Shin's existence, so I guess it's time for him to die if they are to conquer Zhou.

Double-page supporter
Houken is genuinely an interesting character. Just people tend to be fanboying too hard to appreciate, so you're all treating him like a villain of the week. He is a major antagonist, a principle barrier that isn't overcome or trivialized in one-two fights like in shounen. He has always been beyond Shin's league. Capable of fighting at the level that Shin's been aiming towards since before he knew what it meant. His single-minded dedication to his craft should be praiseworthy, not ridiculed as boring.

He is a man who can walk where he pleases, do as he wishes, free and unrestrained. There is no one who can bar his path, and he's been looking for the ones who can. So he can either die by the blade or use their corpses to grow even more experienced, even stronger. All on his quest to become a god of battle. Reach heaven through violence or die trying.

Where's your sense of romance? THIS is the perfect scene for Houken's story to end and for Shin's to catapult forward as he overcomes the barrier that took Ouki away. Stop complaining about it and let us see the magnitude of the life that Shin is about to claim. Houken is no random, faceless mook who should be gutted and ignored.

Users who are viewing this thread