Kingdom - Vol. 58 Ch. 625 - Contradiction's Answer

Dex-chan lover
IMHO this is too much tell, and not nearly enough show.

He should have just shown a few flashbacks, Houken going on 'his path', training, reaching his peak.
with flashbacks of Shin showing the contrasts between them. (Shin going on 'his path', training, surpassing his foes and showing his mentors.)

To show the 'different paths they chose" but no, lets have Riboku tell you about it.

Dex-chan lover
with shin's almost out, riboku will use his (supposed) strength and finish the work ? 😂

Group Leader
It's not Nakama Power, the two on the left were his deadliest enemies before they died.

Dex-chan lover
gonna pretend the last 2 chapters never happened and houken just magically got a heart attack

Fed-Kun's army
even all the other characters are questioning why the heck Riboku hangs around to narrate this fight 🤣

@Mangareader
Agreed.
I wonder if the author decided he doesn't have enough chapters to wrap up this arc, and so used Riboku as the most convenient way to narrate the whole damn thing and get it to where he wants to. This whole Houken exposition could have been way better executed but imo what Riboku covered in his word vomit across these chapters would easily require double the chapters (with way more action/flashback/montage scenes to carry it along) and drag this arc to chapter 700.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's nice that they finally gave a name to Shin's strength.
Everybody complains how this war against Zhao drags on and everybody wants Houken to die as soon as possible, but when author decides to wrap everything up quickly, while unraveling the ridiculousness behind Houken, people are bothered by the amount of exposition. You just can't satisfy some people...

Double-page supporter
I get it. It's not Nakama power, you asshats.

Houken is a Daoseeker. He only thinks of himself and his steps on his Path. He, alone, under heaven is holy. His thoughts are pure, but he is entirely self-oriented. His own power is the limit of his strength.

Shin is someone whose foundation is built up by everyone who's left a mark on him. Everyone who fought him, pushed him to the brink. Everyone who helped him, showed him the way. He has people behind him that he cares about, that he CAN NOT, and MUST NOT fail. This is not 'Nakama Power'.

This is Human Power. This is something real humans do every day across this world. When you've given your all, everything you have, and STILL find more to keep going. When a soldier on a battlefield is about to breathe his last and still finds enough strength to pull the trigger. When a feeble mother runs through a burning building to pull her children out through the blaze even though she is burnt and blind. When a couple's car careens off the road and the husband finds the strength to pick up the car from atop his wife and then carry her miles to the hospital while his skin and muscles are hanging free. That is Human Power. This is what we are all capable of.

Double-page supporter
I gotta admit... Riboku STILL has done shit all despite being the super genius warrior that this story is trying to make him to be.

fuck this houken ribuko arc let it end already

Dex-chan lover
My question is... so who's the guy in the middle behind Shin? 😓

Dex-chan lover
@IMACOP
lol bro tell me you're joking you forgot about bi tou? Poor dude got shot up to shit for shin eons ago.

Users who are viewing this thread