Kingdom - Vol. 58 Ch. 631 - The Red Stairway

This manga turned from very good to shit. This stuff should not happen in Kingdom, leave it in Berserk or Naruto. It is just bad writing also the shit with Houken and so on.

lmao you guys are whiners. only midwits seek to make everything materially legible and refuse to accept that sometimes, a little bit (or a lot) of make-believe sauce is needed on works of fiction, even "realist" ones like Kingdom: from the very start, what breed of human could perform supernatural physical feats that are exemplified in this manga?

furthermore, what kind of an idiot refuses the notion that Chinese hero stories in general are absolutely embellished with all kinds of weird things like cultivation, secret sage techniques, clans, obscure philosophies, etc? what's the difference between kyoukai's breath power and this chapter, anyway? categorically none.

finally, only the worst and most unthinking, consumptive kind of reader accepts a work of art at its face value---a good one interprets and reinterprets it as they want to and weaves its story with their own mythmaking, with their own stylized narratives. it is reasonable to say that the red stair and the conversation that was depicted in this chapter could be interpreted as, for example, kyoukai's brain creating her own imagery on how this resurrection techniques work---for all we know, the red stair could originally be something totally incomprehensible to human mind.

anyway, i'm out

As for you ladies and gentlemen, I feel sorta disappointed. Kingdom was one of most intriguing experiences of reading. Now it seems too much. Too much pain, blood, supernatural, sacrifice. I hope it will return to be a great () historical Manga. I hope.

Dex-chan lover
giphy.gif

A bit late, but holy shit the number of comments that suggest that this should be a "historical" or "realistic" manga, rejecting the "supranatural". This is a manga where power scaling has always been highly fictional since the very beginning.

A historical piece? That path does not exist.

Uh oh, the magical God channeling girl who can become a ghost-like creature and move with impossible ability just did something supernatural, and now a bunch of idiots are complaining about it. Where were the complaints when Sei literally heard the ghosts of his ancestors speaking to him, and they manifested in the form of a wreath of light? Where were the complaints when Houken was introduced? When the Shiyuu were introduced? Y'all are lame, man. Kingdom has ALWAYS been supernatural. It's literally a supernatural and hyperbolized version of history and that's fucking cool. If you wanted a realistic history manga then go watch fucking Schoolhouse Rock music videos.

Dex-chan lover
by far the corniest part of the manga, I still love it to death though, and the people getting super mad over this forget that kyoukai's powers were teased during the assassin arc when she instantly healed shin from his fever

Aggregator gang
I love how people are saying this arc is shit without really explaining why or delving deeper than some shallow bullshit reason like "muh realism". Really says a lot.

Why are y'all expecting this manga to only be realistic? Like someone already said, Kyoukai had literally healed Shin in like a day. Kyoukai's whole story is supernatural, and yet here you are, at this point in the manga, shitting on the arc just because something unrealistic happened? Just because the story is based on real life events back during the Warring States Period, it doesn't mean the author can't change things. He is writing this story, and only like 3% of it is inspired by real life. He is using the Shiji as a guide, and on the book, the events are literally described like this: "Qin is attacked by a coalition army formed by Zhao. Qin wins. Coalition army disbands". There is literally nothing else to go on. The author is basically writing everything himself. If y'all want this to be super realistic, then this is definitely not for you.

This manga has been so much bullshit that at this point I'm desensitized to it

Users who are viewing this thread