Kingdom - Vol. 59 Ch. 637 - Gyou's Life

Supporter
...! No way... Masaka...

Also fuck the Zhao king, what is he thinking requesting Riboku in the middle of the war!

Dex-chan lover
@4V29LN0n I agree 100% idk why some people defended Houken, like putting aside his Mary Sue tendencies and his plot armor and his randomly showing up multiple times, I think he was just a goofy, very poorly written character. This manga has a good amount of kinda simple 1 note characters (as well as a bunch of amazing ones!) But unlike Houken, they never overstay their welcome. Houken was only interesting as an object of revenge for Ouki, and shouldnt have remained after that

One think I ddon't understand is, is that logically one would assume that the river would be blocked but still somehow the Qin navy is surprised shitless when they see the Zhao. You don't have to be a fucking Reebok to thinj of such a plan

The author sure likes to play with our heartstrings.

You'd think I'd gotten used to it for the past 5 years or so but no.

Dex-chan lover
Most likely it was triple ploy and Qin made some agreement with the kingdom that borders Zhao through the Yellow River(I can't remember which was was it, maybe Han) and the true supplies are going through there and will be sent just across the river directly to Gyou. This would be kept secret even from the administration of Qin to prevent any leaks.

Dex-chan lover
...For some reason it feels like I've read this before. But that's not possible?
Anyways, Ousen prolly has food stashed away somewhere anyway. Remember how Ousen doesn't fight battles he can't win?
There is no way in hell he'd leave his lifeline to someone else.

Im still waiting for Yotanwa's arrival. She captured a city so there should be provision aswell

But wait, the food was actually wrapped into smaller packages that now flow down the river so Ousen only need to wait for them and fish them out!

Fed-Kun's army
@luxiaojun177 They were expecting opposition; page 10-11, the officer commanding the relief effort repeatedly issues commands to their attending warships. You don't bring warships unless you're expecting to fight - until the modern day, they are generally so precisely constructed that they have no other useful purpose.

The plan wasn't for them to slip by unmolested - the plan was for all the land battles to draw so much attention away that the river was lightly guarded and they could smash through it with little trouble. Obviously, Riboku saw through that and mustered what is probably a significant majority of the Zhao fleet.

@defianze If they come at all, it's going to take a while. Chapter 574-575; Shunsuiju is still guarding them with a sizable army, plus all the extra bits and pieces Zhao has to throw around.

Double-page supporter
Would Ousen do the Bai Qi's card now?

You know Bai Qi right?
The guy who is the leader of the six of Qin.

One time, he suggested that human meat can be used as urgent food supply. :)

@Oculunus I think you're onto something. I was also thinking the plan had to include a 3rd kingdom. There's no other way to transport supplies safely. I reckon they entered into an agreement. I wonder what Qin had to give up to get them on board with the plan.

Double-page supporter
@Arkande ooooo! I like that but seems that the river current is flowing the opposite direction :c

Users who are viewing this thread