Kingdom - Vol. 59 Ch. 639 - Good News

I wanted a day after scene where everyone was suffering from stomach ache from eating too fast

Dex-chan lover
These are the type of manga chapters you don't read on an empty stomach. 😁

Not even Riboku's ability to read the script in advance can save his plot carried ass now.

I think there's a term mix-up at Page 18 at the bottom left panel, I think Tou's army came from Western Wei instead of Western Zhang.

Thanks for the translation!

rubick cube never really got to shine in this series anyway, most of his strategies were fails, DEM houken cheats, politican backstabs, or playing "let's kill legendary-general/deputy-of-the-week". Guys that were somehow equal to the six/three or equal to their apprentices, yet get one shotted the one way an one-off villain would. Killing them is hardly meaningful. Every battle or political game he won, it all came undone by how he won it or how he would lose the next battle. Not to mention his constant overhyped depiction made him look worse.

it's kinda sad, cos he's really nice, fair, honest as far as either political or military leaders go, and a handsome ikemen too.

shouheikun had much less screen time than him and yet had like 3 moments to shine. Also outsmarted rubick cube a couple of times.

iirc, the author said in some interview that he wanted to make rubickcube the protagonist but his BAD END made it too sad so he picked shin. Could anyone confirm?

at least rubickcube-boi got to shine in that one-shot manga.

Dex-chan lover
@deltarayedge well put. I know everyone here really started hating him, especially for how Houken would just show up to bail him out, but when you think about it is that any different from Shin always showing up to save the day for Qin? Both sides have their incredible monsters who perform above and beyond their station, but Ousen put it best - card for card, Qin held a better hand. And yeah, he was an honorable man who tried his best despite having very uncooperative leaders above him. I can't deny I feel a bit of schadenfreude at seeing him reduce to such a low state, though.

I wonder what the next move will be? with Riboku and Houken out of the picture, not to mention Ryofui dealt with a while ago, all the threats set up in the early game are gone. Zhao's eventual defeat seems like just a matter of time, and from there things will snowball in Qin's favor. I guess Chu, the other superpower, is the next big target they have to build towards? (no historical spoilerinos pls)

@pdonk shin is a shounen protagonist in a seinen magazine, never ever cared for a single panel he/his unit was in. reeebick cube would feel like good writing next to him, but welp, he's over without a chance to really shine.

at least the next villains cant be overhyped, probably...

Aggregator gang
"Since when did these two..." SINCE THE BEGINNING, EN!

@pdonk I agree that Chu will be the next target with the way Hara emphasises Karin and the new prime minister. That said, it's also the most logical one since Qin would most likely want to remove the possibility of being pincered in the future. Wei and Han may be weaker, but with Zhao's loss, a Chu invasion would be more manageable. At least, this is what I think.

Dex-chan lover
a great general going to take that wall, that ridiculously hard to defend

I feel bad for Riboku...such a brilliant antagonist that can’t live up to his name because of the shitty king. And he’s loyal asf

Users who are viewing this thread