Kingdom - Vol. 62 Ch. 670 - Fatal Mistake

Ousen, Kanki, Tou, Yotanwa and Moubu would surely get a spot. Last spot would probably go to Mouten, Ouhon or Shin then. Or maybe the author will go for Heki just because.

Yes, Shin's dreams are within sight.
Neat confession too!
Thank you for the translations!

It kinda feels like the whole drama of kyoukai using the forbidden technique has been ruined. First it was 'if you use this, you will never come back', then it was 'you can come back, but you'll have a reduced lifespan' and now it's 'you have a reduced lifespan, but your lifespan was already really long so you now just have a normal lifespan'. It feels like her 'dramatic sacrifice' has lost both the drama and the sacrifice.

I'm quite excited to see who becomes the new great 6. We already have 3 in Moubu, Tou and Yotanwa (technically she isn't a great general but I presume she'll be included).
Ou sen seems a pretty obvious choice for number 4 (his achievements in the latest campaign outshine his ambitions imo)
Kan Ki will probably take number 5 (Another case of his skills being so good that they can look over his personality)
That only leaves one spot. I doubt they're going to give it to a nobody or someone who isn't a general, which leaves Shin, Ou Hon, Mou Ten and Heki from what I can remember.
Ou hon hasn't done a whole lot recently so I doubt it will be him
Mou ten is in the same situation as Ou Hon
Shin has had a lot of recent achievements (namely killing Houken), but he's also had quite a few failures, failing to win against much weaker opponents without the help of Ten or Kyou Kai. Also plot-wise, I don't think Shint getting promoted here makes sense.
Heki seems the most likely imo. He's been in the game the longest, he had big achievements in the Zhao campaign and he's a very solid general overall, although he doesn't really have the confidence or strength you'd expect from a great general so idk

@frodododobert I don't quite feel like Heki deserves the spot yet. He is almost the same type of average general Mou Gou was, so I feel like it is too soon for him to climb up and become a Great General. If he does become one, fine, but then it won't make sense at all. In my opinion, a Great General of the Heavens is someone extremely special and talented. Even though Mou Gou was loved and won practically every fight he deemed winnable, he could never become one of the 6 Great Generals. So Heki just doesn't qualify...

This is too half-assed, and it just feels like a mini rejection, even without Shin confessing. Using the "battlefield is most important" card is kind of bullshit from the author to be honest. What has to be said, is said. She can't make Shin forget her feelings for him solely because of the battlefield. It actually makes it worse, since Shin will probably begin to think and reflect over his own feelings for Kyoukai. It's best to start something now, not necessarily going ahead saying " I love you" and getting married or whatever, but some kind of relationship where they at least acknowledge their feelings for each other.

I personally don't like this route. But whatever, gotta wait weeks to see what the future holds, I guess...

Dex-chan lover
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo we finished that arc, we got a cute kyoukai, now it's time to go back to cool general shin on the front 😆

Hmmmmm okay now we get over the romance cute part of the story, just like kyoukai said it's lift from his chest, so now let's focus on battle. And I think shin will be granted with title soon :)

MD@Home
so of the 6 generals, 4 would obviously be: ousen, kanki, moubu, yotanwa.

that leaves only 2 spots for shin, ouhon and mouten.

Dex-chan lover
@Railander

Fairly obvious it'll be Ouhon and Mouten, and Shin'll not get picked. To increase drama and extend his working towards his dream.

Dex-chan lover
@TBBAli

I'm not sure if Tou'd take the position. He seems like the eternal Right Hand kinda guy. Like he wouldn't want to stand equal to his friend and master.

If Tou accepts it, then I'm gonna say Mouten gets the last remaining spot and Ouhon and Shin kinda fracture the whole Three Musketeers thing as they mope and try to get stronger.

Zero consequences
Absolutely zero consequences for using the forbidden technique that supposedly is a big deal, thanks for making Kyou Kai the supreme Mary Sue of Kingdom. Thank God this awful plot is over and the manga can finally be about the campaign again

Editor: Houken gonna die next battle?
Author: Just like in history. I'll have him 1vs1 Shin.
Editor: Isn't that too soon for Shin?
Author: It's alright, Shin also dies.
Editor: Uhh...
Author: Then Kyoukai revives him with her magical homicidal girl powers!
Editor: I don't think that's the right genre.
Author: Yeah so, she can only do it once in exchange for her lifespan.
Editor: The shippers won't like that.
Author: Which is why she had more lifespan to begin with, it will be as if Shin never died in the first place!
Editor: Brilliant!

Ousen: New Haku ki
Kanki: New Ko Shou (or Shi Ba Saku)
Moubu: New Ou Kotsu
Yotanwa: New Kyou
Tou: New Ouki (Bro even inherited Ouki's sense of humor)

Dex-chan lover
Wow after all that we get this as the resolution what a waste of everyone's time.

Users who are viewing this thread