Kings' Viking - Vol. 8 Ch. 78 - Code 10: Cloudburst #4

Group Leader
Thanks for chapter.
And boi, i love realistic computer science in this manga.

Fed-Kun's army
How tech literate is the angel investor supposed to be? I'm having a hard time grasping that he would fall for a simple phishing attack like this. He made his money in computer shit right? He at least has bare minimum knowledge of how this works?

Yeah, even if the phishing was real good quality, URL is always the 1st check to do, and above all, such a message is always a big RED flag. 99% of that kind of message is bullshit (and that's why the 1st you do is checking closely the URL, not to mention it's always safer to go to the website by your own instead of clicking a link)

Life lessons: only trust the sender if they say that they're a Nigerian Prince.

Fed-Kun's army
You have to remember Sakai is more of a sales guy than a back-end guy. He wants to know how the things work on a high level so he can explain it to other potential investors, but he doesn't actually Do Computers. That said, this is all pretty 101 level stuff and his team are totally right to yell at him 😅 As a high level publicly wealthy person he's lucky he hasn't been spear phished before - or maybe he has been and didn't notice then either!

The easiest/best solution to this kind of phishing is 2FA, but unfortunately none of the banks in my country offer it yet :/ Dunno about Japan but doubt it's much better.

Sakai studied finance / business, as was shown during the chapters that involved his time at college. KV was also written way and is set in a time way before most people are as security literate as they are now (even today, security training for employees is a big thing for large companies, since social hacking is the leading reason for breaches). The phishing attack was sophisticated enough to easily trick people who aren't well versed in security.

With all that said, Sakai is still way too loose with his money, which is at the same time typical and atypical of angel investors. (The ways his looseness is expressed is a bit unusual...)

full disclosure, i tl the series.

Users who are viewing this thread