Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet - Vol. 9 Ch. 55 - Romeo, Julio, and Airu (Part I)

Aggregator gang
since now there's 2 scanlators, i'll choose the one who can properly pronounce "Romeo" instead of "Romio"

@colonel_30

I think Kinji use Romio based on Kodansha English official translation (still not catch the current raw).

Compare to Juliet which is western name, Romio sounds more like eastern name much more than Romeo. I think it has nothing wrong with Romio, it is just we are used to Romeo for too long.

Dex-chan lover
@Huzure I'm fine with Romio but are we sure his mom didn't actually give him a western name considering the latest revelations about her?

Group Leader
I will only read the version that use Rivaille instead of Levi and Irvin instead of Erwin hmph!

@Acolytus

I think it is a wall of language that the author already know. Each language doesn't have an equal spelling.

For example, I'm Thai and can't spell TH sound correctly unlike western. In the same way, Japanese can't spell Romeo correctly cuz they don't have a "long" sound. Most of words in Japanese ends in short, so it isn't weird to see Romio instead of Romeo.

I think his mom wants to give him western name like Romeo, but due to the language limit, you can't spell Romeo without shortend it to Romio.

That is how it works in general.

just wonder where is my comment and realize it's on translation of other group ?

I know some people want to read the latest chapter as soon as possible because anime just ended, but you don't need to tell trans drop this series just because there is other group picked (ks) it ._.

Group Leader
@Huzure
ZNcpGtY.png

Any chance the anon and dropout collab might happen? Idc if it takes a day or two of delayed chapters, its just a waste of manpower to TL this manga in 2 different versions.

Then again idk how the inner workings of a TL team works and might make a slower release on chapters if a collab does happen which i dont want to happen tbh

Dex-chan lover
personally I like
Inuzuka > Inudzuka
Persia > Perucia
Romeo > Romio (just a homie to the classics)
Peru-chan > Pel/Per (i mean, japanese suffix is a must if used as nicknames so...)

though the plot thickens!!!

Aggregator gang
@Kuma
Why? There's literally no reason to feel bad. It's competition. They were way too slow and now someone is going faster so they have to pick up the pace or get the fuck outta the way. It's manga translation capitalism, I think?

VIP
@Yautja Rhino (dropout leader) has asking for help for last 4 months for this series.... and nobody showed up.... now it sniped when it started getting popular... they were back then save this from dead when it still not that popular.... also manga fan translation is volunteering...

Aggregator gang
@kuma
Again, so? That's no reason to feel bad, and there's a multitude of reasons why people could have decided not to help them. And this could be untrue, but it sure doesn't look like they needed help, at least recently, considering they've actually picked up the pace. And obviously it's free and not literal capitalism. It's an analogy. If someone will do it better and faster, the others have to catch up or get the fuck out of the way.

Users who are viewing this thread