Kiss x Sis - Vol. 22 Ch. 129 - Revolting

Double-page supporter
@HellKing
Is there specific beef behind this manga or is it just more of the bullshit reupload crap where a group drops a series and then runs back to it after another group picks it up?

As for the translator message at the end, 6 months? Fuck off. 3 months is the norm and best you'll get. Do you literally expect people to wait half a year for you? You're not entitled to that and you don't lose anything.

Double-page supporter
6 months!? lol the arrogance of this guy, and really a snowflake quit cause someone done a hack job of 129? these guys are so fragile its pathetic

To be quite honest, I don't really care about the "top notch perfect" quality of the English translation towards this manga.
I mean back in the early days of KxS there were some chapter translation that were just horrible but I didn't mind because I understood what they were basically talking about. (doesn't take a genius)
This is an ecchi manga after all, most of us just care about the perverted panels more so than the perverted dialogue or conversation in general.
I don't want this manga to get behind by 2 or 3 chapters because the translation isn't finished yet but then again the translation speed has improved which we are grateful for,
Truth be told the retranslated re-uploaded chapters I haven't even bothered reading why because I already read them & it wasn't horrible.
As for this boring chapter that I already read, not interested in reading it again but that's a good decision to finish what y'all started & for that we thank you.

Hello everyone, I'd like to start off by first thanking everybody for their kindly worded, heartfelt messages. However, I do have some things I'd like to clear up for the sake of our doofy cofounder/poorly worded proofreader. Keep in mind these thoughts are my own and don't necessarily reflect the group's or any other members'. To begin, I don't think there's really any "beef" between us and the other group. On the other hand, it is somewhat insulting to suddenly have a lower quality version of your product thrown onto the market without warning, and that may have gotten to b4z73rd and Tom a little. Next, I'm not sure I read this right or not but we didn't drop the series and then run back to it after another group picked it up. Due to life circumstances, we may have been a little slow on this upload (I don't know tbh) but at no point did we drop it. Well we kinda did but not really. That was only for 24 minutes and after the other release came out. As for the fragility of our group, I don't think you need to worry. I don't think anything is going to dissolve the group completely any time soon. I can't comment on the "6 months" part too much since I don't know a whole lot about the 'scanlation scene' but I believe the point was at least give us a little time and/or warning. Finally, for quality of translation, while it may just be an ecchi manga with no plot, I value being able to make sense of what the words say the first time reading them. You may not see the point of remastering old, poorly translated chapters, but know that there are people out there who do. More people than read the original ch. 99, even, according to MangaDex's numbers. Thank you to all of those who support this group, and even those that don't. While your criticizing comments may not always be the most eloquent (except you, JRReyes, you wrote a good one) I appreciate that you have passion for this series and/or your values. If you took the time to read this whole too-long mess of a comment, extra thanks to you. Yes, you. I'm looking at you, Will.

@catlady195 I apppreciate what your group is doing. Whenever I read a series from start to finish, work like yours makes it an enjoyable experience. I can't count how many times I've been frustrated by poor translation when I'm binge reading a series. You're making a lot of people happy.

@catlady195 Would like to kindly remind you that this isn't your product. We need to understand and respect the shaky ground scanlations live on. The number one thing that could upset this 'balance' is trying to claim ownership over a series.

The ignorance of people who isn't familiar with scanalation sure is appalling. You can't just pickup a series being done by an active group, you need to have the decency to inform the other group if you are planning to pick up a series they are working on. You don't want your work to be wasted just because someone is a little impatient, a lot of series got abandoned during the early days of scanlation due to disputes between different groups.

For the group currently scanalating a series, the earlier the announcement of a delay the better. Otherwise, if it took too long someone might assume that the group dropped the series. Perhaps, they could upload a chapter announcement here in mangadex about the delay.

Supporter
You know who looks at a manga and thinks "You know what this needs? Moar cowbell scanlator melodrama!"

No one. Absolutely no one.

Power Uploader
Some people really can be dicks..

Anyways thanks for the scanlation! Ignore these dicks, like most groups know some readers tend to be... dickish to put it nicely.

Dex-chan lover
We're all pirates, from the scanlators to us, the readers.
There isn't a single one of us who has any solid ground to stand on.

Group Leader
Just to be clear, that "six months" was referred to the time between chapter 98 (a previous group release) and 99 (Tom_Servo's release). It took 6 months for someone to pick Kissxsis back up. Ever since, we been steadily catching up, and now we are. If anyone follows us, we did announce a slight delay in getting 129 out, and while we were working on chapter 129, someone already throws out a rush job of 129. Since we're the ones who's been working on Kissxsis for the past 2 years or so, people thought we release that chapter with mistakes (which we haven't done in a long time). So it kinda ticks me off that our group gets mistaken for the anonymous release. I have no real beef with the other group. I just want to make that chapter correct for our fans, despite of all the objections and comments here. I admit we don't claim ownership of scanlating this manga, but we have been at this manga for 2 years, so it means something to us.

In other words, please go to 4chan if you're going to be this toxic.

@myiasis @B4z73rd @catlady195 While I agree about being amicable, I feel like delays should have their limits as well. One thing a lot of scanlation groups seem to be doing is taking on too much of a workload, seeing what's more popular or what they like more, and focusing priority on those while leaving the other series on the back burner. Then, when a lot of time has passed by with no update or so few that the original work is months ahead, someone else decides "enough is enough" and picks it up, and the drama ensues. That's not always the case, of course, there's also factors such as the scanlators' real lives getting in the way, unforeseen events that just cause delays, etc. but unless it's something like the raws for that specific manga becoming harder to obtain or similar, those things affect all releases and not just some, which puts certain groups (not this one) in a questionable light because people notice these sorts of things. It honestly reminds me of copyright drama, where a company wont touch their property for years except for releasing a minor cameo or something once in a blue moon just to keep it from falling out of copyright protection with no intent on actually doing anything more with it. Waiting 6 months is a ridiculous request in my opinion, however I do agree that waiting some period of time would be best, but as it stands, there are no written rules for this kind of thing, everyone has their own opinions about how long is enough and so groups will always butt heads over this.

All of that being said, I don't understand Tom quitting redrawing over this. Could you explain the reasoning behind that more? It kind of comes off as "Whelp someone else is doing my job, I quit" and gives him a worse reputation in my opinion, so I'm hoping that's not the case.

Group Leader
@KazumiSangaku Quitting redrawing had nothing to do with the other group doing this title, although the timelines match up perfectly. I quit the redrawing role because my life got busier, and I need to focus on other things before scanlation. Of course I still have time to manage the technical side of the group. I also lost confidence in my redrawing abilities, so I decided to leave the role, hoping for it to be filled by someone more qualified than myself.

Regarding the "6 months" request, I do agree that B4z73rd should've been a little more lenient in terms of the time to wait, but of course, all we can do is request that people be patient. If someone decides to make a release, there's not a damn thing we can do about it. B4z73rd and I will work to make less divisive statements in future releases.

Look. . . at the end of the day, if you really like a series, you keep doing it if someone else decides to do a poor speed scan. That is how the best groups have done it and will continue to do it until copyright burns it all down. Feel free to dump on the other person/group for being disrespectful, but it never really makes sense to quit doing a series because someone else is doing it. Its only a waste of time if you don't like doing it, not because three groups do it.

I get that being associated with speed dumps can be painful; that is where you get your fancy group page before the release. Or be remembered for sick original memes.

As for series being abandoned as a result? Seems more like nobody wanted to pick it up after the dust settled, so its not really fair to the groups. Some of the blame can certainly fall on those trying to speed ahead of others, but its unavoidable unless you somehow force groups not to do the same series. Nice for readers, but not really fair to people who want to work on the content or think they can do it better.

@OlgaFrow
There really isn't anything to make sense about someone else leaving the scanlation scene. Unless you're one of the people donating/providing raws to that group, if someone else stops doing their work, we can't do anything about that- other than not being d*ckheads.
Regarding people who want to work on a series someone is already working on, most scanlation have a recruitment channel (back then IRC was popular-some channels are still active, now it seems like discord is the new alternative), they are almost always looking for new recruits(most scanlation team anyways-just look at the credit page's). They can just go to the group and apply for a position and there was no need to antagonize the current team working on a series- because it always ends in some melodrama nobody really wants.

The best approach to prevent this sort of thing is, on the side of someone outside of the group, they could contact the group currently working on that series.
On the side of the group working on the series, they could upload a chapter announcement(so that aggregate sites could grab it as well) about the delay and it shouldn't be too long(months).

Also, for people not familiar with scanlation, visiting the scanlator site helps alot since it can cover the cost of maintaining the site/buying the raws. When there are really popular series, there are some greedy groups that would release a chapter from a series some other group is working on to steal web traffic. This is one of the reasons, why scanlation teams doesn't take this sort of actions too kindly.

Users who are viewing this thread