Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 12 Ch. 120 - My Favorite Smell

Dex-chan lover
I am glad I am not the only one who thinks about Kiyo's future!! so yeah basically I kind of want Kiyo to go to school, but I think she's poor so she couldn't further her education thus choosing to be a Maiko (which she failed though)

Dex-chan lover
high school is mandatory and cost money, that's the beguining of the plot of '' fruit basket'', the main character is an orphan who has to work to sustain herself even if her high school is '' not expensive'' because it's a public/state school.

pretty sure the topic of money and kiyo's wage won't be in the manga, because paycheck aren't kawaii event if they are the best way to be comfy.

Dex-chan lover
Throw a sachet at the Jiango and it falls asleep.
Sorry, I haven't seen the word "sachet" in like 15 years.

Dex-chan lover
@malu only elementary and lower secondary education are compulsory in Japan (so 9th grade aka 14-15 years old), upper secondary and higher/tertiary education are not.

Regarding what she can do later, what people said about becoming an apprentice chef seems pretty likely. Hell she could theoretically do very well for herself going down this route as Michelin Star chef Marco Pierre White left school at a similar age with no qualifications. She seems much more the family restaurant type though!

NIB

Dex-chan lover
Jesus christ, this chapter fucking speak to me.

There is no hunger that lasts in the face of Kiyo and her taste and willingness to cook.

Users who are viewing this thread