Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 12 Ch. 127 - Sounds of the River

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, kenta was way too overconfident about this, like, the koshien? Isnt this like be competing in the Olympic games in term of difficulty?

Dex-chan lover
Page 7:

The phrase č¦šćˆćŸ can mean both "had remembered" and "had learned". I'm quite sure the intended meaning is the latter, here.

Dex-chan lover
@Suben ah so technically he could still run it back for his third year, though sometimes third years ā€œretireā€ to concentrate on exams. But all the baseball manga I read third years do still go for one final run at koshien, maybe Kenta will go for it.

Dex-chan lover
@livesofflight I'm going back to try and look at the timeline. The series starts in winter and chapter 4 shows that Kiyo and Suu-chan left in winter of the previous year (since it's labelled "1 Year Ago") while they all would've been in their last term of middle school. So by the time the series starts 1 year has passed putting Kenta in the third term of his 1st year of high school while the current chapters take place in summer. The Japanese school year ends in late March and starts in early April. So Kenta should be in the first term of his second year of high school (since Koshien qualifying tournaments are in June/July).

And yeah Koshien is one of those things that's so important that it likely overrides worrying about exams at least for that first term so undoubtedly he'll try again next year.

Users who are viewing this thread