Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 14 Ch. 150 - What I Wish For

Dex-chan lover
Will Suu-chan ever realize that Kiyo is in love with her?
For that matter, will Kiyo ever recognize it?

Convinient love interest saves love interest while driving up love drama for the nth time is convinient *ding*

Outter Kenta: Hey, why didn't you come back to Aomori?
Inner Kenta: BISH WHY THE FUDGE DID YOU NOT COME BACK TO ME?!

I wonder if author really likes the love triangle idea or wants to end it as soon as possible because she realized most of the fanbase are in to lesbians people hate heterosexual relationships no one is that invested in Kenta?

Protagonist role ended with Kiyo, Suu-chan is now the new protagonist.

@SuperOniichan
soooo.... never? viva heterosexual relationships

Dex-chan lover
@nutman451 You get the joke lol. Joking aside, I have nothing against the ships as such, at least in this manga, lol.

I won't talk about "most fans", but if we talk about a conscious fanon, the majority of the "friendship titles" audience is mostly BL or yuri fans. Especially after Shonen Jump decided fujos was his klondike and yuri fans reinvented the platonic yuri. This is one of the reasons why even non-romance titles often ignore characters of the opposite sex, because readers will quickly perceive it as an NTR. If you satisfy all such desires, then you simply will not have a single straight shonen, for example.

@SuperOniichan
Lemme set the record that I too was joking and have nothing against homosexuals religious principles aside

I think shipping is fine and can be fun at times. It just gets ugly when the rabids start attacking other people (and even the author) for liking other ships that conflict with their OTP. As long as shipping remains fannon and doesn't affect the author's intent at all coughRWBYcough I think it's fine.

but if we talk about a conscious fanon, the majority of the "friendship titles" audience is mostly BL or yuri fans. Especially after Shonen Jump decided fujos was his klondike and yuri fans reinvented the platonic yuri. This is one of the reasons why even non-romance titles often ignore characters of the opposite sex, because readers will quickly perceive it as an NTR. If you satisfy all such desires, then you simply will not have a single straight shonen, for example.
I was unaware of the reality of things. Didn't expect the joke to be very on the nose

Dex-chan lover
@nutman451 Well, this is not unusual or strange, even if it is obvious that some title will not have a gay canon, people will just have fun with their fanon. For example, Japanese BL fandom literally grew from fah shipping in Captain Tsubasa, lol. The MHA has shown that this can still create a ton of people who truly believe in the chances of becoming canon in their ships, but I think it has more to do with the popularity of the franchise and the characters than with the fujo or yuri fans themselves. One way or another, this makes a huge hype and feedback to such works, so that few authors will purposefully ruin fan fantasies or speculation. Many people just say "I didn't have that intention, but you can interpret things however you want". For example, screenwriter of NOIR said whether this is a yuri anime or not depends on your opinion.

This manga is interesting but the love triangle is so boring. I'd love it if we just keep getting stories of the maiko(s) and kiyo. Heck I'd rather have the author time skip and get kiyo and kenta married, this is so painful to read.

Users who are viewing this thread