Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 21 Ch. 223 - Breakfast for Two

Dex-chan lover
i skipped things but is the love triangle trope done around these chapters? i just want my slow paced SoL for this title.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wow, thank y'all so much for the batch of updates again! It's funny when yer a kid and start to wonder about these things.

Dex-chan lover
i skipped things but is the love triangle trope done around these chapters? i just want my slow paced SoL for this title.
nope in fact I think we're about to get into the think of it, since sumire is struggling right now because of the love triangle and the it looks like the author will be drawing some conclusion on all of that soon

Dex-chan lover
nope in fact I think we're about to get into the think of it, since sumire is struggling right now because of the love triangle and the it looks like the author will be drawing some conclusion on all of that soon
Damn. Well the author did says repeatedly this isn't yuri story, and Kiyo is Kiyo so no kiyo & sumire so kenta & sumire?... can a maiko even have a boyfriend?

Dex-chan lover
Damn. Well the author did says repeatedly this isn't yuri story, and Kiyo is Kiyo so no kiyo & sumire so kenta & sumire?... can a maiko even have a boyfriend?
Well that sucks i really like this slow paced SoL but hell i hate that author is enjoying this love triangle esp these three are very close childhood friends. maybe ill just drop it officially.

afaik Maiko cant have until they get to be Geiko

Thanks both!

Dex-chan lover
Well that sucks i really like this slow paced SoL but hell i hate that author is enjoying this love triangle esp these three are very close childhood friends. maybe ill just drop it officially.

afaik Maiko cant have until they get to be Geiko

Thanks both!
Bye

Dex-chan lover
So when do we change the title to Sumire in Kyoto?
I think it's a consequence of the fact the series has been running for 200+ chapters and at the end of the day... Kiyo's just not terribly interesting. I don't mean that she's bad but she simply is what she is, dependable and placid with seemingly not a lot of desire for herself because her happiness comes from supporting and empowering others. She doesn't really seem to ever get upset, show doubt or worry, or anything; she's just always zen.

Meanwhile, Sumire's personality has been, since her first appearances romantic (in the love and non-love senses) and emotional. She has clear worries, doubts, motivation and goals which makes her much more dynamic and engaging both to read and write about.

Honestly, there's only so much mileage you can get out of an otherwise stoic character like Kiyo making bread rusks or karaage. I wouldn't mind her showing more dimensions to her personality but I also feel like that would go against her role as being everyone else's pillar. In a sense, then, it's only logical that she'd basically turn into a supporting character in her own series. The more dynamic or high strung characters like Sumire, Tsurukoma, and Riko do things and Kiyo's meals give them peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread