Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 24 Ch. 254 - Halfsies

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

They still tangle even after they leave the manor, interesting, just please dont suddenly drop the bomb...
:worry:

Dex-chan lover
They have each other apartment keys... nuff said.
I feel that this whole bff thing is rather sudden. Was it actually foreshadowed in earlier chapters?
It wasn't (at least as far as I can remember), but I don't feel that it is sudden.

We didn't get much of Momoko, except for the sparse chapters between her and Momohana, where she acts like a dotting nee-san.

I think I accept easily in this case because I don't think this series needs "foreshadowing" as it is a feel-good slice-of-life story.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!
I feel that this whole bff thing is rather sudden. Was it actually foreshadowed in earlier chapters?

And I agree - suddenly, Momoko and Mother Ichi were basically life partners from day one until something presumably happened? And while Momoko is tight-lipped, vague, and overall hard to read, Mother never showed any reaction or anything to Momohana/Sumire having Momoko as an elder sister. This whole arc is enjoyable and I'm interested in seeing how it ends up to the present day situation, but their close relationship does seem out of left field.

Dex-chan lover
Wondering if maybe a lot of people are over-thinking this. There's no way some serious drama would invade this series, not with the way it's been up until now. This is just reminiscing.

Dex-chan lover
Well, it seems pretty clear that their paths diverged because they wanted to do different things in the industry as they grew older. It's not that they're no longer close but rather more they're just doing different things.

Momoko is working as one of the top geiko. Chikako is teaching/mentoring the next generation.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!

wow, I knew we are going to see why they don't contact anymore soon but that time skip... Last chapter it's been three years since their debut, and this one they're adults, so how many years did we just skip?

also, why don't they just live together?

Dex-chan lover
Can't believe she stole her girlfriend camisole!
Damn this is precious.
Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
This arc is so long, I miss my Kiyo 🥲
But it just make me wonder what the hell happened next

Users who are viewing this thread